April 2011 Moms

getting rid of naps?

DS1 is VERY busy as i'm sure all of your LO's are too but i feel like he needs his afternoon nap. the past few days he's been fighting it...normally he's the one who asks for his bubba (sippy of milk) and to go upstairs! 

i'm wondering what those of you have done or what it was like to get rid of the one nap?? was it a tough transition? did LO do it on their own or did you decided to wean it for them? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: getting rid of naps?

• There is a 2 year sleep regression, and fighting naps is a part of it. I read that during this time, it's important to keep putting them down for their nap, even if they don't sleep during that time. Supposedly, they'll come back around and continue napping until somewhere between age 3 and 4.

We're going through it, too. Over the past week, it's been about half and half with naps, but we're sticking with it.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• GHBEAGHBEA member
    No naps here or very rare if it does happen.  She sleeps 12 hours at night.  I make her have a rest time.  
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • VespahVespah member

It is very rare that she will have an afternoon nap on the weekend if we are home, but she will sleep in the car for about an hour if we leave around nap time so we use that as much as possible.

For some reason she still naps great at daycare, 2 to 3 hour naps last week and today which just blows me away. Hopefully they can pull her through this regression cause I'm not having any luck on this end at all. 

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• kje120kje120 member
    Every once in a while we get a day on a weekend when he doesn't nap because we were out and about. I still put him in there, but on those days he ends up just rolling around and talking to his toys for an hour or so until I give up and get him out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • TwirpleTwirple member
    Chase will not ask to nap.  If you ask if he is tired, the answer is always no.  That said, he is one grumpy little man if he doesn't get his nap.  He does not always sleep great at daycare because of all of his friends there, but he always gets at least a little bit of a nap.  On the weekends, he will easily sleep at least 2 hours.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"