February 2012 Moms

Just a whine...

C had a nasty respiratory infection last week and now I have it.  My throat is on fire, wicked heart burn and coughing, hurt all over, massive face congestion, and I can't sleep even though I am so tired.

I just feel like crying because I am so busy at work and taking care of our little one and just don't have the time or energy to feel so bad...  But of course, crying will make everything feel that much worse.  UGH!

Re: Just a whine...

• Im sorry. I understand. I had a stomach virus last week and now I have a 102 fever. I missed 2 days last week and now I have to miss another day or 2 this week. I have been trying to keep Caroline away from but all she wants is me. I also go get a blood test whenever in feeling better to find out if I'm pregnant. Hope you feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedanac2010:
    Im sorry. I understand. I had a stomach virus last week and now I have a 102 fever. I missed 2 days last week and now I have to miss another day or 2 this week. I have been trying to keep Caroline away from but all she wants is me. I also go get a blood test whenever in feeling better to find out if I'm pregnant. Hope you feel better soon!

Oh, wow!  I hope you get the news you are wanting re: pregnancy test!  And I can't even imagine trying to keep C away from me right now--the good news is that she had it all last week, so I am not worried about "reinfecting" her.  But your virus sounds miserable...hope you feel much better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Being sick when busy at work is the WORST!!!  I'm so sorry!!!  It sounds like a nasty bug too!  All on top of being pregnant!  Yuck!!!  Can you call for reinforcements on taking care of the LO while you recover?  Sometimes just taking a nice, long, hot, quiet bath can make congestion and all aches and pains go away!  
  • When it rains it pours!  I'm sorry your sick.  Hopefully you'll feel better soon and C won't get it again.  Take care of you and those little ones.

• I hate germs! DS has a deep cough. He spiked a fever in response to vacc on Friday. He is cutting both sides upper molars and one side lower molars (the other already came in) and has vile diapers. Had to pick him up early on Friday. My throat hurts and I feel just icky....hoping he makes it all day at DC so I can work!!! I hope you feel better soon, it's not any fun.
  • image2chatter:
    I hate germs! DS has a deep cough. He spiked a fever in response to vacc on Friday. He is cutting both sides upper molars and one side lower molars (the other already came in) and has vile diapers. Had to pick him up early on Friday. My throat hurts and I feel just icky....hoping he makes it all day at DC so I can work!!! I hope you feel better soon, it's not any fun.
    UGh! The deep cough is the worst. I hate just listening to it at night and knowing we can't really do anything to help. Fingers crossed that all our 212 babies get their acts together and realize that this is summer time! Not time for a bunch of colds and runny noses...
  • I soooo counted my chickens.  DS was pretty healthy through the winter and has just gotten rocked by this most recent virus.  No fever, and DC said he is fine to go, but I hate it all the same.  They also called me to get him early yesterday because he was out of changes of clothes (I send three!).

The only thing worse than them being sick is us being sick and having to work - NO fun.  Hope you can sneak a nap at your desk.  ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"