February 2012 Moms

Roseola

My poor DS can't catch a break. He has had a swollen testicle for over a week, which was finally diagnosed as a hydrocele by the ER doctors after the poor thing spiked a 104 fever. Luckily the fever and the hydrocele aren't related. The fever lasted for 5 days ranging between 100 and 104.3 and then it went away. Then all of a sudden last night he broke out in a rash all over his body, the Roseloa. I am hoping the rash is the last step of his awful two weeks!! Anyone have any experience with Roseola?

Re: Roseola

• Daisy has had it three times. My ped said the rash first really bother them. The rash usually goes away in about 5 days. It is contagious in younger children. She's usually less active then normal but once the fever has passed your usually on the way to healing. Good luck!
  • My DD had it when she was like 7 months.  It's no fun, but it went away in a couple of days and after the rash appeared, DD seemed much better.  I think the fever was far worse for her.  

Btw- I'm sorry you're dealing with this!!  Totally sucks with our LOs are sick!  :(  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • nattyknattyk member

DS has it right now.  We took him to the dr yesterday when the rash appeared.  She said that he's no longer contagious now that he has the rash.  I don't see him much in the mornings, but DH said that he was back to his normal self this morning.  The rash is terrible looking though!

I hope that your LO is feeling better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"