March 2013 Moms

Has anybody had the energy......

To cook anything? I've been so busy with getting back to work, finding Oliver a summer camp (yes, it's time to let go, and send him), look for a private school for Simone bc she barely misses the cutoff for Kinder, and deal with a one year old who rips off her diaper. I am pooped. I went super lazy today, and bought an entire ham, cloved it, threw honey all over it, brown sugar on top of that, and a small can of pineapple juice, and threw it in the slow cooker. I told DH that he and kids can it off of it the entire week, and please don't bother me. lol I really hope it does last that long. 

Re: Has anybody had the energy......

• My Lo's name is Oliver as well!

I have been using the crock pot lately, and making simple meals like sloppy joes, tacos, and since It's nice out my dh has been grilling for us. I only have one kid though, so I'm sure when we add more it'll get interesting. :
  • Now that it is warm out I have been tasking DH to cook on the grill, along side a lot of salads.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNodoubtvw:
    My Lo's name is Oliver as well! I have been using the crock pot lately, and making simple meals like sloppy joes, tacos, and since It's nice out my dh has been grilling for us. I only have one kid though, so I'm sure when we add more it'll get interesting. :

Great name, isn't it? :)  I don't hear it often, and my Oliver is nine. Yea, the crock pot is always my bff.  

• imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Now that it is warm out I have been tasking DH to cook on the grill, along side a lot of salads.

My DH likes to grill too, but he starts dinner so late, I snack while he cooks, then I'm full. lol  

• Lex703Lex703 member
    I'm doing pulled pork in the slow cooker today with cole slaw
  • jmdahnjmdahn member
    I feel spoiled- my DH has been grilling a ton on the weekends that we eat through the week (he works nights).  DS#1 loves it and it gives us time to get play time in!
  • Cooking's been touch and go for me. Some days, Jake stays asleep (or at least quiet) long enough for me to actually put something together. Other days, it's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Luckily, hubby likes grilling so, when it comes to  dinner, he handles grilling some hot dogs or hamburgers.

• I cook most every night, on occasion we have a "fend for yourself" night or sometimes I flat out say I'm not cooking so it's take out or eat out!  We also only have one little one so for now it's pretty manageable.  We try not to eat out too often otherwise it gets too easy to rely on and adds up fast.  I lax on some household chores sometimes but I try to make dinner a priority.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"