June 2012 Moms

GTKY

Since the June board  has come back alive, I wanted to pose this GTKY question.

Would you rather have lived a luxurious life full of riches ( you know celebrity life like P diddy and the extravagant celebs) and then lose everything at the age of 40, or have not lived that kind of lifestyle at all? And are just steady lower middle class your whole life?

Re: GTKY

• Definitely not live that life at all. I can't imagine the stress some of the celebs go through to constantly have to look and maintain a certain image...basically constantly "watched". Then the emotional stress to have to deal with when you lose everything at 40. I think it's hard for most celebs/athletes to cope with losing their grand lifestyle.
  • I'd definitely rather live the plain Jane lifestyle.
  • Loading the player...
  • drbethcdrbethc member
    imagedrbethc:

Since the June board  has come back alive, I wanted to pose this GTKY question.

Would you rather have lived a luxurious life full of riches ( you know celebrity life like P diddy and the extravagant celebs) and then lose everything at the age of 40, or have not lived that kind of lifestyle at all? And are just steady lower middle class your whole life?

oops, I forgot to answer this.. DH and I were talking about this and he said he would rather have lived it and lose it...I'm the opposite. I value my mental health and think that it would be way to stressful. 

• I would rather live a steady, stable lifestyle. I would not want to deal with the stress of losing everything so suddenly and having to adjust to a new standard of living.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's a steady and stable life for me too!! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• MsLsMsLs member
    Good question. Without going into detail my childhood was like this. Obviously we weren't Celebrity rich but my family was very well off. My father made some very dumb and illegal decisions and we lost it all when I was in middle school. So having been on both sides of the spectrum and now happily in the middle class I can honestly say I would much rather be steady lower class
  • BRBR member
    Interesting question...I would rather just be middle class and stable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Option #1 is tempting for me only because I would be able to travel and see the entire world before I was 40, but I would probably choose stable, middle class for my whole life instead. :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Steady middle class. You can't miss what you never had!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would rather stay at lower middle class.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • khill86khill86 member
    I'd rather be steady and stable. I'm really not materialistic at all, so it wouldn't make me any happier to have lots of "things."
  • drbethcdrbethc member

imagelizzybean:
    Option #1 is tempting for me only because I would be able to travel and see the entire world before I was 40, but I would probably choose stable, middle class for my whole life instead. :)

I was thinking the same thing about traveling, but I think it might cause more harm than good getting used to a lifestyle like that and then losing it.  

• I know this isn't an option in the original question, but if possible, I would love to flip-flop it and live a very plain life until 40, then hit it rich. I think by then I would be able to prioritize better and not let the wealth and P-diddiness go to my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"