Multiples

They have there days and nights confused!

What everyone's advice on getting my boys unconfused on days and nights. I know they are only 2 1/2 weeks old, but I'd like to help them know day from night as soon as possible. Also what are peoples suggestions for establishing a day time naps? Right now we are all exhausted from not sleeping at night that we are all trying to catch up on sleep in the morning, but this is also a habit I want to break. Any ideas would help.

Re: They have there days and nights confused!

• keep the home as bright as possibly during the day-lots of talking/singing/interacting. At night, do everything you can to keep things quiet and dark! It will take a little while but they will adjust. Hang in there!

Daytime naps don't really emerge in any structured way until they are a few months old. nighttime consolidated sleep will happen earlier than structured naps.

HTH!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • exactly what pp posted.  i don't think we were able to actually start on a routine until after the first month...maybe the second month (we were just barely surviving so whatever the babies, whenenver they wanted it, they got it).  our routine consisted of (as mentioned by pp) allowing natural daylight to keep rooms bright, going about our normal daily activities so if it noisy, so be it.  then at night, all lights were off, no talking (or using hushed tones) and avoiding eye contact (though this one was hard for me).  they totally got their days and nights by 4 months old.  good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah at this age they pretty much just sleep when they aren't eating. What I did in the beginning, though, was swaddle and put in cribs at night, with darkness, no talking etc, and didn't swaddle for naps during the day....they also just fell asleep wherever during the day but we had a more structured nighttime routine. Their napping routine emerged around 2 months. GL and HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"