Secondary IF

***2IF Weekly Update (Edited)***

Sorry I didn't get this out yesterday; we had guests and it was nuts around here!

Congrats to those grads who are still lurking and staying in touch!  Big hugs go out to IloveShane who had a chemical pregnancy this past week. And hugs to all of us who are struggling through various 2IF issues!

Please help us remember your situation by giving a short background, and then letting everyone know your current situation.

QOTW (Edited):   Do you have any vacation plans for the summer?

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***2IF Weekly Update (Edited)***

• DH and I have been trying since we got married in December 2010.  Three losses and we haven't gotten pregnant since the last one in April 2012, which was an ectopic (tube removed).  Four unsuccessful months of Letrozole, including two failed IUIs.  Just got AF on Wednesday, started round five of Letrozole and just waiting for cd11 ultrasound on 6/1.  Praying I have follicles on my left side!  I'll be starting progesterone after ovulation this cycle to help my lining stay intact, since I spot for a week or more before AF each month.  Hoping that makes the difference!

QOTW: We are going to the beach in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• We're waiting to start FET #1. I get my PGD result back on Thursday and afterwards should be starting Estrace for 2 weeks before my ET.

QOTW: We don't have any big plans, mainly because I wanted to keep ourselves free for our cycles. We have a few long weekends planned to visit family and such but nothing big. 

MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • After our c/p this last cycle we are switching doctors and I go for my consult on June 6th. I'm sad but excited at the same time.

QOTW: We are going to Santee/Charleston at the end of July. We'll do a lot of swimming this summer too!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• annibesannibes member
    Currently in 2WW, 1st cycle after lap. We shall see. We have been at this since August 2010 so I'm not expecting much. No big vacations for us this summer, but we did just get back from the Turks and Caicos islands so that counted as our big vacation this year.
  • Awaiting FET 2 June 8. Last FET was a bfn with four cancelled FETs before that. We've been trying since jan 2011. Praying I don't get cancelled and everything looks ok this week.

We are going to do lots of swimming and trips to the zoo and aquarium stuff like that. We have a family lake house that I'm sure we will spend a couple weeks at as well.
  • We have been ttc #2 since July of 2011.  One loss in January 2013 from a cycle of injectables.  We are just beginning our first round of IVF.  Started my BC today and go back next week when RE thinks we can begin Gonal F.

QOTW:  We have a summer house on the RI shore and hoping to spend a lot of time there.  We shall see what happens with this IVF cycle before we can know exactly when we can go.

• kofmkgkofmkg member

Nothing new here.  TTC#2 for over 2 years with MFI.  We are going to retest SA (sooner or later I guess) and move on to CLomid for DH.  Then we'll try to decide between IUI or adoption after we move to a new house this summer or fall.

QOTW: I think we are going to Costa Rica in August.  Plans are still underway.  Otherwise, it will be day trips to the beach and just summer fun in general.

Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Married in 2008 - DD born Oct 2009 - TTC #2 since Aug 2010 - unexplained IF - to date we've had 6 failed IUIs.  Currently waiting (not so patiently) to start an IVF cycle.  Our first attempt in March was canceled because I didn't respond well to the meds (had to settle for an IUI).  We were supposed to start again last week but I had a cyst at baseline u/s so we have to wait another cycle.  Boo.  Hoping to start with new protocol at the end of June (Chlomid, Follistim & Ganorelix).

QOTW:  We are taking the week of July 4th off to do some fun things close to home and my sister, from Chicago, is going to visit for a few days that week.  I wish we could go on a relaxing beach vacation but unfortunately, we can't afford that until we're done paying for IF treatments. 

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

• Hope everyone's having a good week!

We tried for #2 in 2011 and took a break after that ended in m/c. We've been trying again since May 2012 with no success, letrazole/IUI. I'm currently in the 2ww. I'm trying to decide if I should test tomorrow, 13 days past trigger. It's so hard to wait!! If this month is a fail we are moving on to follistim next month. I have my injections class Thursday so that's fun! LOL

QOTW: So jealous of all these fun vacations! All of our money is going to OOP treatments so no fun travels for us this year. We'll still have some fun though!

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"