Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Update: Not feeling optimistic

Update: after a formal ultrasound, I'm still measuring 6 weeks, and there was no heartbeat. So now it's just the "wait to see if it passes naturally" game. Boo.

Original post:
Based on my LMP we thought I'd be about 7.5 weeks last week when I went in for my first visit, but the baby was measuring 6 weeks exactly. The doc couldn't see anything, so sent me to the ultrasound dept, where they saw a heartbeat and all looked good, just smaller than thought. Today I went back for a followup, and the doc said surely he'd be able to see something with his little office ultrasound machine based on how far along I should be, but he couldn't really see much. He was finally able, after a long time poking around, to see the fetal pole and get a rough measurement that showed it hasn't really grown much since last week. Still really small. I have another ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon, a couple of hours from now, just to make sure, but the doctor didn't seem very optimistic, and I'm feeling pretty awful about it right now.nbsp;I'm worried about what comes next, I'm sure you can all relate. No one wants to be in the doctor's office hearing about "options" and deciding between waiting for it to come out naturally, taking a pill, or scheduling a procedure. I feel so completely betrayed by my body. Especially since my first pregnancy was so easy. I never thought this would happen to me.Ugh.nbsp;

Re: Update: Not feeling optimistic

• MollySmMollySm member
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a similar wait between an ultrasound at my doctor's and one with an ultrasound tech that afternoon last Friday. It is a scary wait. I hope the next ultrasound shows a healthy heartbeat, but if not, remember that you don't need to make any decisions right away. I am waiting to see if anything happens naturally, but at any point I know I can call my doctor and make a different plan if I need to. So there is no pressure. Good luck this afternoon, and I hope that you get great news and don't have to come back here!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• imageninthgirl:

I can relate.  I had 3 ultrasounds each a week apart.  At each we saw the same thing - an empty gestational sac measuring 5 weeks (too small to see a fetal pole or yolk sac, much less a heartbeat).  My betas were low and barely rising so we knew even before the first u/s that things weren't looking good.

Anxiety is awful, but you don't have answers yet.  There's still a chance you get to come out of limbo with good news.  If you don't, then there will be support for you.

This. I know exactly how you're feeling. I never thought it would happen to me. My pregnancy with DS was perfect. I'm trying to understand something that I will never have answers to. I wish you the best of luck at your next appt. Something that helped me was that DH kept saying that its early and that that there was a chance everything would have been ok. Try and hang onto what hope you may have.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • MollySmMollySm member
    I'm so sorry you didn't get better news at the 2nd ultrasound.  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"