High-Risk Pregnancy

Hi and Cervical Length Q

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well today! I'm a FTM creeping over from Nov 13 for a cervix question...

I had my cervical length checked today, due to a LEEP about 4 years ago, and the doctor said I was at between 3.5 to 3.8 cm and he was really happy with that. I asked if we would check again (I was thinking maybe at 24 weeks?) and he said no there's no need to measure it again. 

This concerns me because it looks like 3.5 is technically still good, but more normal for later in pregnancy than my 16 weeks. I'm just worried about it thinning fast and us not catching it. I want everything to be okay and to trust my doc, really I do, but I am quite surprised and concerned that he doesn't see the need to remeasure.

Worry or don't worry?

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi and Cervical Length Q

• i would talk to your doc more about it .. i to had the leep done but 2 times and they have already checked my cervix 3 times and im 22 going on 23 weeks .. but they are also checking it a lot because i had my son early at 28 weeks ( befor i even had the procedure ) .. my cervix is measuring at 3 and they are happy with that ... good luck and agan talk to your doc or u could go as far as getting a second opinion as well 
  • I had a LEEP procedure about 6 years ago and my dr. checks my cervix every 4 weeks, the entire pregnancy, even though it looks fine so far. I don't know how often you should check it but I appreciate the thoroughness of my dr. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Kfran84Kfran84 member
    Hmm... Thanks for the responses. I'll keep bugging him. Mobile smiley.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"