Success after IF
Options

More sleep stuff...

So I realize we are desperately behind on all this sleep stuff.  That 5 months of bronchitis threw everything off, and we're just now catching up.  So no judgment.  Stick out tongue  But E has still been sleeping in her merlin's magic sleep suit all this time.  She was swaddled forever, she didn't handle no swaddle very well, so we went with the sleep suit.  Now she seems to be outgrowing it... we found her this morning face down in the sleep suit, which restricts their motion some so it would be harder for her to turn back over.  And yesterday she managed to stand up in her suit, but again as it restricts some movement, I am worried that if she fell in the suit she wouldn't be able to catch herself very well.

So long story short, what should a 10 month old sleep in?  Her room is very chilly, do they use a blanket at this age?  If we just started sleep training this weekend, is it a terrible time to try to transition out of the suit also?  Or is it the perfect time?  Has your LO climbed out of their crib?  I am terrified of this happening.  What about crib bumpers at this age?  They came with the set we bought, but of course they are put away.  Now MH is scared of her falling down and hitting her head on the rails and wants to put the bumpers in.  Somebody, please school us clueless parents!  Shouldn't there be a manual for this?

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: More sleep stuff...

• Options
    I'm not going to be much help either, but I did babysit for a kid who was still in a sleep sac at 13 months. It was big and he could totally walk around in it. Is there a next size up or a different brand? DD is 2.5 wks old, so I haven't looked into this yet.
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Options
    ccamccam member

Have you tried a sleep sack?  DS hated them, but a lot of people have success with them.  DS sleeps in a onesie and a cotton footed pajama.  Once in a while I'll put a light blanket on him for naptime, but I haven't started doing it overnight.  He moves around way too much for me to be comfortable with it just yet.  We keep the heat up to where he is comfortable in just the PJs.

At this point, I would probably transition out of the suit at the same time you're sleep training.  If you wait until after sleep training is over, I'd be nervous that she'd start regressing and you'd waste all of that precious sleep training! 

DS has not tried to climb out of his crib.  His mattress is on the lowest position and although he pulls himself up and stands there, I think he has a little bit of time before he tries to climb out. 

And no bumpers for us, if DS is going to fall and hit something, it will probably be higher than where the bumpers are anyway.  I'm more worried about his chin on the top rail.

Just my opinions... I'm no pro either Wink

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's room is much colder/warmer than the rest of the house so we adjust the temp so it's adequate it her room. When we stopped swaddling her we just put her in clothes she would be comfy in assuming she kicked her blanket off. So, pants slippers or socksif needed.

We didn't use bumpers because I was afraid of her standing on them. She never hit her head and only caught her legs a couple times before she learned.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member

No judgment here.  I kept DD in that sleep suit as long as it would fit her!  I agree that rolling over in it is a bad thing, though, so it's definitely time to ditch it.  We went straight to the one-piece sleepers with the feet built in.  For a colder room, you can use the fleece ones.  We put socks under to help keep her a little warmer, but never felt the need to put a onesie or anything else underneath, although a lot of people do. 

You could also use a sleepsack over the PJs, although I would worry about that with standing up -- I tried them with DD and she always somehow got the sack all twisted up around her feet even though it was supposed to be the right size for her. 

As for the bumpers -- you shouldn't use traditional padded bumpers when they are able to stand because they can use it as a step to try to climb out of the crib.  You could try the breathable bumpers, which collapse down a lot more than a regular, or if you're willing to spend the money, look into Wonder Bumpers -- they are individual padded bumpers that you wrap around each crib slat separately.  They also make them for the top rails, to keep baby from chewing on them.  DD loves them and thinks it is hilarious when she falls and bumps her head on them, that's how well-padded they are.  The price is tough to swallow though.  I found a set on clearance at an amazon seller, so it wasn't quite as bad, but definitely shop around (it helps if you're flexible on color, because sometimes only one color will be on clearance or something). 

Have you lowered the crib mattress to its lowest setting, now that your LO is standing up?  DD is very tall for her age (30 inches now), and there's still no way she could get enough leverage to climb out with the mattress on its lowest setting.

ETA:  If you're going to do sleep training, might as well ditch the suit at the same time -- it's going to be rough the first few nights anyway, so you might as well get all of the big changes out of the way at one time!

• Options

DD sleeps in long sleeve footed sleepers or two piece pajamas (pants/shorts/shirt). We also give her a couple of blankets, but we didn't give those to her until just before her 1st birthday. She has one crocheted blanket from her godmother and one A+A blanket most nights.

She always hated the swaddle and only mildly tolerated sleep sacs, so this wasn't an issue for us, but we love the footed sleepers for cooler temps.

We had the breathable bumpers in when the crib was at the newborn height, but once we lowered it to the bottom position, we took them out because they made it really difficult to change the sheets. She hasn't yet tried to climb out!

Good luck!

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    DS still sleeps in a Sleep Sack - those wearable blankets. We have a light A&A one for warmer weather and a heavier fleece one for cooler weather. He wears one piece footed PJs under the sleep sack. Again, fleece in cooler weather and cotton in warmer weather. He has an AC unit in his window so it stays cool in there even in the summer.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Grayson sleeps in his PJ's, usually a t-shirt and pants, and a light blanket. When it gets really warm and we turn the A/C on, I put footie pajamas on him with his blanket. He has been using a blanket for a long time. I know it's recommended not to, but he has never had an issue with it and I was comfortable with it, so that's what we did. He started sleeping on his tummy pretty early on so I ditched his SwaddleMe wraps then. I also have the mattress on the lowest setting and no bumpers. I think the best thing to do is what you are most comfortable with Smile
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options

Obviously M isn't standing at this stage. In any case, he sleeps with a sleepsack.  Depending on how cold it is in his room, he either wears short-sleeve onesie + cotton sleepsack (when warm'ish), or longsleeve footed PJ + cotton sleepsack (when colder).

I think it's the perfect time to transition her out of the suit now, with the sleep training going on.  You probably can kill 2 birds w/one stone.

Like others said, definitely no bumpers at this point b/c babies can stand on the bumpers to climb out. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Thanks everyone. This was a lot of great information. I appreciate everyone's help and lack of judgment. I guess I need to talk it over with mh bc I'm nervous about her not being in anything which is probably dumb. I'm not ready for her to be so big. A whole new set of worries.

ETA lack of judgment as in not judging me. I know you all have great judgment.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"