Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Unicorns, Rainbows and Butterflies

Anyone have a baby they rock to sleep that didn't have sleep training and magically started sleeping pretty good on their own?

I know you exist! Pleaaaase tell me you exist.

Re: Unicorns, Rainbows and Butterflies

• Options
    Yep--we do exist! DD has slept through the night (11-12 hrs) since about 5 months.  Before that she usually only woke up once to eat.  We just do bath, jammies on, snuggle with mommy and blanket, read about four board books and rock.  We always end with Goodnight Moon and by that time she is fast asleep.  The whole thing takes bout 45 mins.  She has always been a GREAT sleeper and I realize we are extremely fortunate.  We will NOT have this much luck with #2!
  • Options
    CellisCellis member
    Lurking...I nurse and rock DS to sleep. He has been sleeping 11-12 hours a night since 4 months old. I see him wake up at night sometimes, but he just plays with his feet and falls back to sleep. I know things will change as he gets older, but he use to wake up several times a night to eat and just stopped on his own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had honestly never hear of 'sleep training' until 5 or 6 months ago. 

My DD is 11 yrs old now, she started STTN at 6 weeks on her own. Periodically waking to eat during a growth spurt, but good about falling asleep on her own, or with a bit of rocking.

DS is 6 mos. he still wakes usually once a night to eat. Used to wake at 1 and 5, now usually just somewhere around 3 or 4 am. A quick snack and back to bed.  

I don't mind him waking at night. If he slept right through, I would get up to pump anyway, so I might as well feed him.  Thankfully, since I'm in Canada, I have 1 year maternity leave, so I don't have to go to work tired...yet. Lol.  

• Options

Add me to the list. DD has been sleeping 11-12 hours since 11 weeks old. She is either rocked or nursed to sleep after her bath every night. If she wakes up she'll put herself back to sleep.She hasn't  had any trouble going to sleep in my absence either. 

We do exist!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• Options

Thank goodness.... 

DS is a horrible napper but has always slept pretty good at night waking 1-2 times to eat.  However, now we are transitioning him from his RNP to his crib and he is waking like 7x a night.  I am hoping it's just because of the transition.  He has reflux so I am hesitant to do any sleep training other than rocking back to sleep.  The pedi said that it could take a month before he will start sleeping normally again because it's a big change for him.  So far, he sleeps 3 hours in his crib, wakes, is up about every hour after that and I eventually cave out of being so tired and bring him back to his RNP in our bedroom.  He's getting too big for it and will be able to throw himself out of it soon.  He already turns on his side in it.  I am a light sleeper and wake to his every move but I am nervous it's becoming unsafe. 

• Options
    My son doesn't need anything other than a bottle to sleep. Will sleep in the rnp or co sleeper for 8 hours then u snuggle him in bed for the rest. We sleep from 10 to 10 every day pretty much. No work to get either of my kids to do so.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kekiskekis member
    Me!  However, let it be known that occasionally my unicorns poops rainbows & butterflies and messes up the whole sleep thing.  :)
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Me! I still snuggle DS to where he's sleepy, then put him down. We have never done any sleep training, and he usually goes down on his own within a few minutes. He sleeps all night, no wake ups 95% of the time. He started STTN at 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Actually, yes!

DS started sleeping realllly well about 2 months ago, but has since been hard to get to sleep (for the first time in his life), but I think it's only because he has been cutting at least two teeth. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"