Baby Showers

Angry over registry

I'm super fed up with Babies 'R Us.  Initially when I registered there were items that I had scanned that were no where to be found on the listing.  Okay, fine.  The SKU numbers got messed up.  But now the registry is not showing items that I know were purchased.  We're a few days away from my shower and I hate the idea that someone could possibly be embarassed by bringing a duplicate gift because of a registry mix-up.  Has anyone had this happen to them? Do I have any recourse with BRU?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

Re: Angry over registry

• No, I have not had that happen. I'm sorry. The good thing is, if you get duplicates at the shower (or whenever), you can exchange them/return them at BRU for a store credit. That may end up being really helpful for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I have had issues with BRU and registering, but I just created mine so I don't think anyone has purchased yet, so I don't know about it showing up after someone has bought it.  It might be the customers fault too, if they don't let the register know that they want it taken off your registry.  I don't think there is any recourse to be had with BRU though, I think you should call and complain though.

• Loading the player...
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    Other than BRU sucks donkey balls, I got nuthin'.  

Tee hee... Well, thanks for the giggle!

• Pretty sure I just saw another post about BRU registry. I wouldn't be too concerned, you can always return duplicates. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• If it's bothering you that much you can log on to your registry and mark things purchased that you know were bought.  It's not necessarily BRU's fault, if the customer doesn't tell the cashier to remove it from the registry there's nothing they can do.
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • This happened to me.

I rec'd 3 of the same diaper bag, 2 of the same noise machines and 3 boppys.  When I asked about it at BRU, they told me that if the person buying the gift doesn't mention at checkout that it's specifically from your registry, it won't come off.

Don't worry too much about dups.  We had maybe 300-400 dollars in returns that we had loaded on a GC and we used that to stock up on diapers and wipes.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imageelainelbuck:
    If it's bothering you that much you can log on to your registry and mark things purchased that you know were bought.  It's not necessarily BRU's fault, if the customer doesn't tell the cashier to remove it from the registry there's nothing they can do.

Perhaps it's not, but i'm betting it is.  The people who bough these items are registry savvy people, not the type that wouldn't know to mention the registry.  Your suggestion of marking as purchased is good but i'm trying not to look at my registry pre-shower.

• imagestephweinstein:

imageelainelbuck:
    If it's bothering you that much you can log on to your registry and mark things purchased that you know were bought.  It's not necessarily BRU's fault, if the customer doesn't tell the cashier to remove it from the registry there's nothing they can do.

Perhaps it's not, but i'm betting it is.  The people who bough these items are registry savvy people, not the type that wouldn't know to mention the registry.  Your suggestion of marking as purchased is good but i'm trying not to look at my registry pre-shower.

So how is it that you are not looking at your registry, yet know that specific things have been purchased that are still listed? Just go online and fix it. It will probably take all of 2 minutes, and you don't have to study the whole thing.
  • imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    imagestephweinstein:

imageelainelbuck:

So how is it that you are not looking at your registry, yet know that specific things have been purchased that are still listed? My mom told me to expect duplicates because the registry had a significant dealy (three weeks) in showing items that my sister-in-law had purchased online through the registry... Just go online and fix it. She said it's showing up now but that further items may be showing as unpurchased when they could ultimately have been purchased already..  It will probably take all of 2 minutes, and you don't have to study the whole thing.

I am not stressed about getting duplicates.  I can always make returns.  I just know it's an uncomfortable feeling to be a guest who purchased a duplicate. It makes the giver of the gift feel like the gift is less special (at least it does to me!) But I suppose that's the nature of the beast when buying off of a registry.

• I've heard BRU sucks. I remember at my friends shower she got 4 Bumbos because BRU never took stuff off. I have heard lots of complaints on the boards here as well. Sorry:(
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jencnhjencnh member
    Yes, this has happened to me and I totally understand your annoyance. I recently bought something for someone from the registry and I did give them the registry at the checkout to mark it as purchased, and it never show up as purchased. I wasn't attending this person's shower so I don't know if she got a duplicate.
    If I go to a shower and I get something for someone and I see that another person gets them the same exact thing, I've been annoyed that the person never took it off of the registry, but now I see it may be BRU's fault, not theirs. As a guest at a shower, I do feel stupid to give a gift from a registry that's duplicate.
    Also, the OP may just know this is happening from her guests telling her. Not necessarily going on her registry. I never get why people look at their registries once the invitations go out. it's like peeking in the box at Christmas time!
    For my daughter's shower, once the invitations go out, she no longer goes on there. I get her password info and make any changes she wants. Maybe you could do this with someone to mark things as purchased or just remove them from the registry.
  • I have had nothing but good experiences with BRU. I'm sorry. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"