Birthday Parties

Brunch snacks?

We are having a "brunch snacks" at DS's dino party. I asked the SHM board about this awhile back but changed it a bit to go with things that were easier to prep the day before. 

Spinich and cheese strattas made in muffin tin

bagels with cream cheese

pigs in a blanket

veggy tray with homemade hummus

fruit tray

Chocolate chip carmel cookie bars shaped like dinos

a few hard boiled eggs died for dino eggs (more editable decor)

Of course cake (strawberry)

the party starts at 10AM and we will have a bounce house. Is this enough?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: Brunch snacks?

• Sounds great!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • in my group of friends/family if you have a party at or around a mealtime, it is expected that you provide a meal. 10 am to me means brunch, not snacks. is your area different?

I would do chicken salad and a spriral ham both served cold with mini rolls, a hash brown casserole.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekellydw:

in my group of friends/family if you have a party at or around a mealtime, it is expected that you provide a meal. 10 am to me means brunch, not snacks. is your area different?

I would do chicken salad and a spriral ham both served cold with mini rolls, a hash brown casserole.

Thats sounds yummy! We have a good chunk of our guest list as vegetarian family's so that's why we only have one meat thing on the menu. Brunch is really not a meal in our group unless its a special occasion. We all seem to wake up early and feed the kids breakfast and then just snack with a light lunch. No one really serves full meals at parities in our group or family unless its pizza or a cook out. We usually do heavy appetizers/snacks. Lots of fun snacks for parties that we fill up on. When we have a playdate around this time we just bring snacks and all share them and if its running to lunch our kids snack on things like hummus and veggy sticks and fruit until they are full. But we have family comming as well and they may feel differently so maybe I should add something more substantial like you said... 

The strata will be the size of muffins and will have spinach, smoked cheese, cubes of bread, and eggs with herbs so I was kind of thinking those would be the equivalent to a min course. Maybe I could add the mini roll sandwiches with that and just thrown in a vegetarian option for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• I like the lox idea, what about chicken salad and egg salad? not sure how strict your vegetarians are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekellydw:
    I like the lox idea, what about chicken salad and egg salad? not sure how strict your vegetarians are.

Mmmm lox would be good!  These are great ideas! 

• What about a yogurt bar? I had one at my baby shower where they had two different kinds of yogurt, granola, raisins, nuts, honey, and an assortment of sliced fruit. I liked it so much I'm doing one for my daughter's party next month. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"