Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Mommy Intros

Hi Mommas! I'm pretty new to posting on the bump, I've been pretty addicted to babycenter, but I'm really excited that there is a bit more participation on this local board as the babycenter one is dead!
I thought it would be fun to do a quick intro, throw in your name, number of kids, where you're from... etc. Whatever you are interested in/comfortable sharing.

My name is Darlene, I'm relatively new to the Pittsburgh area and live out near Hopewell. I'm 23, and recently had my first baby, my sweet baby Kate, on March 4th. = she is amazing and I LOVE being a mommy! So, Kate is days away from being 2 months old = she was born at 9lbs and she is my big girl!
I'm originally from va so all of my ffamily is pretty far away, despite going to college here, I really don't know that many people and would really love to get together with some other new mommies and make some friends!

I know there is a group on meet up, but most of them are really far, or during the day, which is tough on my schedule!

Enough about me...

Re: Mommy Intros

• Options
    cbmp06cbmp06 member

Hi!  This board is pretty slow too, haha!  I live in Ellwood City which is nowhere close to ANYTHING so I haven't bothered joining any meetup groups.  I am kind of lacking in mommy friends!  Darlene, our baby girls have almost the same birthday, just a year apart! My daughter was born March 5, 2012 - I can't believe my baby is already over a year old!  Her name is Sylvia (Sylvie for short).  I am a SAHM, but I sell Scentsy on the side.  I am looking for a job, but having a hard time finding that perfect one.  I am probably being too picky because I don't want to leave my girl but that is an entirely different story! I love to read, and we like to just be out and about at the park, taking walks, or shopping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • Options

I am a bit late to this thread, but will post anyway.  My family and I moved to this area in April, but I am originally from NW PA.  I have also lived in AZ, NY, WV, and VA.  I am really hoping we will settle down here since my son will be starting school soon and we have finally bought a house.

I have two children, my son Jesse, who will be four in August.  My Daughter, Ellianna, who is 17 months.  This July will be my 13th wedding anniversary.  (Ack! I know I am kind of dating myself, but I figured my husband deserved some kind of recognition.) I was a teacher before moving here but am now a SAHM.   I am planning to stay home for at least a year because it wouldn't really pay me to work with two children in daycare. Also, the way preschool is set up, I don't know how people work anyway!

I love to read, shop, and craft but these days I have too much to do in this house of ours.  (Although, I have managed to carve out a little time for shopping. Stick out tongue ) I have been busy unpacking, ripping down wallpaper, and trying to maintain the lawn.  I hope to start painting soon.  And I really hope to get settled in before the summer is over so I can enjoy my family and the lazy days of summer!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"