December 2011 Moms
Options

If you've weaned

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: If you've weaned

• Options
    You're not a crazy person. I feel the same way. I nursed DS for the last time on May 5th, and I'm a little sad about it. Sometimes he comes up to me and lays his head on my chest, and I feel so bad that I can't nurse him when I know that he wants to. I know that it was the right time, especially now that I'm pregnant again, but I still feel a little squishy inside.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member
    Honestly, I never felt that way. I was pretty happy to be done. But I know every woman feels different about this, so everything you might feel is normal! :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NNGnomeNNGnome member
    I definitely wish I was still BFing, but DS weaned himself at 15 1/2 months, a couple months after I got pregnant and my milk supply tanked, I would have loved to tandem nurse, but it wasn't to be, DS was pretty adamant about stopping, the day after we stopped he looked interested so I asked if he wanted to nurse again but he didn't want anything to do with it Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    Definitely! I weaned at 8 months because I was afraid getting pregnant would take awhile again. After I weaned, I feel like she went from never being sick to having a cold/runny nose for 2 months straight.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    mlhw NHmlhw NH member

Just had this thought today actually!  Poor DS is sick right now and has been fighting this cold virus that turned to double ear infection that is lingering now for nearly two weeks.  I wished we were still nursing because I think it would help him get better sooner!

We stopped at 12 mo.!  I just plain got sick of pumping, nursing, and stressing about my supply.  So that part I don't miss. 

• Options
    lckcdc3lckcdc3 member
    I weaned at 15 months. I was super sad the night before I weaned but I was fine after that. I really don't miss it at all. Although F never really "asked" to nurse. He'd nurse when I offered but never wanted to nurse on his own or for comfort so that made a big difference. He could take it or leave it. That definitely made it easier.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    capuletcapulet member
    I haven't weaned DS yet but I have mixed feelings about it for that reason.  I was a little sad when I nursed DD for the last time (I was about to leave her for a week), but the separation went smoothly and once I got back she only asked to "nuss" a couple of times, so the process wasn't too hard.  At that point I didn't know when/if I would have another baby, so it was kind of hard not knowing if I would ever have that kind of bond with my child again.  It also does change how you soothe them, of course, and right now it's so easy to pop DS on a boob that I don't want to give up the convenience.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I weaned at 9 months old so a while ago but there are still days that I really miss it because of the closeness of it. DS was a lot easier to wean than I thought he would be but that may be because my milk went away quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel the same way and it's been about 6 months since DD stopped nursing.  I miss it so much.  I guess that means I need another baby...
  • Options
    Jen4033Jen4033 member
    DS pretty much weaned himself around 13 mo. I was very happy to be done, but every once in a while I wish I could just whip it out to get him to sleep :)

My 2 December boys

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"