"Its 1pm now!!" — The Bump
Blended Families

"Its 1pm now!!"

We have a set holiday schedule, but BM hasn't called us about holidays like memorial day, vets day, MLK day, 4th of July, and so on in years. Actually I don't think she's ever called... She hasn't had her license, so she never bothered because she knew DH wouldn't drop her off. This year, SD's older sister (not by DH) has her license, so BM gives her money to grab SD. 

The holiday schedule does outline those holidays. And it says pick up time for those holidays is at 10:30am until 7pm. We didn't bother looking to see who's year it is because, like i said, she never even bothers trying to get SD. Well today at 1pm, DH's phone rings and its BM asking if its her holiday or not. DH told her he didn't know and she said she would look into it. Sure enough it was! She called him back and asked if she could pick her up at 3:30. DH told her we had a bbq at 2 and that she could either pick her up before then or pick her up at the bbq. Then she had the nerve to ask him to drop her off on the way. Ummm, if you wanted her, you should have been her at 10:30!! I'm so proud of DH because he told her no, and told her she could have her tomorrow for a bit instead. 

Just when I thought BM was becoming normal...

vent over! thanks for listening! 

Re: "Its 1pm now!!"

• haha... same thing happened to us over mother's day weekend. but "BM suddenly came down with bronchitis and couldn't get SD'S until Saturday morning bc she was sure It would be gone by then. He hadn't given her an answer and sure enough.. Friday night she was at the bar.

He did text her to offer her to spend that sunday which was mother's day with them saying just let me know what time you will be here and I'll have them ready. She didn't start calling to get them until about 3pm on sunday saying she couldn't find her phone and just got his msg.. which was also a lie bc my sister in law's bridal shower party was Saturday night and BM had her phone out to show her pictures of SD's. Long story short.. She ended up not seeing them at all on Mother's day. I felt bad bc it was also her weekend but if she really cared she wouldn't have chosen the bar over them like she usually does.

ETA: well kind of the same. She also has issues with a ride.. that's her excuse.. we know better. she can't legally drive bc she can't see but her b/f can drive her and she also has her stepfather.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• Do you guys have a clause about how long the NCP has to pick up the DC? In ours I'm the CP and it states something along the lines of BD has 30 minutes from p/u time to get DS and then he forfeits the visit at my discretion. When he actually followed the CO'd times, if he let me know in advance that he needed to change the p/u time or called to say he was running x minutes late, I would be fine with it. But for something like your BM pulled - wanting to pick up SD 5 hours late - that's BS. I would have just told BM it's too late and she should have planned things sooner than the day before.
  • image twister22:
    Do you guys have a clause about how long the NCP has to pick up the DC? In ours I'm the CP and it states something along the lines of BD has 30 minutes from p/u time to get DS and then he forfeits the visit at my discretion. When he actually followed the CO'd times, if he let me know in advance that he needed to change the p/u time or called to say he was running x minutes late, I would be fine with it. But for something like your BM pulled - wanting to pick up SD 5 hours late - that's BS. I would have just told BM it's too late and she should have planned things sooner than the day before.

We had the same issue for a couple of weekend visits as well.. with BM not wanting to pick them up until Saturday. When DH talked to the atty he told him he didn't have to send them if BM wasn't on time or, like you said running a little late is different but this wasn't the case. That is a really good point about checking OP'S clause. DH's C/O is very vague and doesn't specify anything at all. It just says to follow the PTG. Before talking with attorney, DH was told by the first CPS man that was involved that he didn't have to send them if BM wasn't on time or only wanted a partial visit. I know most states are different as well as circumstances with the C/O.

Sorry.. really just wanted to say very good point!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• We don't have a clause about p/u times and her being late, but the judge told us we don't have to wait around for her. She's got a habit of being hours late.

DH and I realize last night why she called about Memorial Day which seemed weird to us since she never has before. Lately, she's been picking her up after school on Mondays for a few hours since SD had CCD on Weds. So since she normally gets her on Mondays, she was calling to see if she still gets her or not. 3:30 is the time school gets out.

So basically if Weds were still her day, there wouldve been no call yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards