Maryland Babies

preschool

at what age do you start taking them?

anyone have any recommendations for preschools in Anne Arundel County? 

Thanks a ton 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: preschool

• I think when you start them is a decision each family needs to make on their own. We are starting DS this fall, he will be just about 2.5 years old. He won't be in daycare anymore and most of our friends with kids also work so play dates for socialization would be difficult outside of weekends. He will be going Tu and Th for 2 hours at a time which I think is a good start.

No recs for you, sorry :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our daycare starts official preschool in the 3 year old room. (The Goddard School) However, they do age appropriate academic stuff at every stage.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD#1 will be starting in the 2 year old program through the Y in September. She'll be almost 3 (09/21 bday), so she'll be older than most kids.  We would've started her for the current school year but she wasn't old enough yet. 

We're in Carroll County, but the Y may have a similar program near you.

The only comparable non-daycare preschools I could find in our area were religion-based and that wasn't a good fit for our family.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • I think we will move DS from his in-home daycare to a daycare center that includes preschool when he's 3. He'll turn 3 next June and I'm not sure if we'll move him right away or wait until the fall.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageweezie825:
    Our daycare starts official preschool in the 3 year old room. (The Goddard School) However, they do age appropriate academic stuff at every stage.

Pretty much this.  DS moved to the 3's room right before he turned 3 and it's more of a structured preschool program now than when he was in the 2's room

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi we use Faith baptist Child development Center in Glen Bunnie and have been so pleased with them . My little one started at 3.5 and will be 5 in October . he has thrived there and it was not easy as he was with my mom before this and in part time in home. 

They start at 2 and go thru kindergarten . Email  me with any questions . Good luck  stef6118 at yahoo dot com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"