April 2011 Moms
Options

Naming #2 is so much harder!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

We were team green with LO1, but always had a solid girl name and a few solid boy options. I felt pretty set early on. With this LO i have no idea! I just don't love anything like I love LO's name. I know we still have a lot of time, but i can't help but feel stressed over it. Names are a big deal!

Any tricks to finding the perfect name?

Re: Naming #2 is so much harder!

• Options

I feel like naming #2 will be easier (if we have a 2nd) because we will use the boy name we chose last time and we know the criteria we want to use for a girl (plus we have some leftover ideas for a girl from last time to work with).

As for finding the perfect name, we start with our criteria, which is to use a traditional name, preferrably with family ties. We talk about/write down names that we like from the family tree and mix and match from there, possibly adding in other traditional names as a fn or mn that we like but that is not fromt he family tree.

DD1 is Elinor Catherine nn Nora.

Elinor was DH's grandmother, but Nora is a name I've always loved. Catherine is not a family name, but a name I always loved, and it was the name of one of my moms best friends.

A DS would be Duncan after my dad combined with DH's middle name. A 2nd DD isn't decided yet, but Miriam and Matilda are contenders.

Can we help? What is your name criteria? Do you have some ideas you're alrady throwing around?

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    We've not talked about it at length, but I also feel like naming this one will be harder. It's almost like we already used our "perfect" name, and nothing else is going to measure up. Even the boy name we liked when we were pregnant with #1 doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just let my publisher name them. Oh, you mean babies! :-) I'm not thinking I'm going to have a #2.

Actually, one of my publisher's kids' names is a name I was thinking of, so maybe I should just go with that plan for all future books/kids.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Naming number 2 was a lot harder! Especially since he was another boy! We changed our minds a few times but I absolutely love the name we decided on! Good luck picking out a name!

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    VespahVespah member

Naming #2 was a little harder only because we were team green for round 2. We didn't reuse our boy name, in fact Derek wasn't even on the radar first time around, but we love it so much and it suits him perfectly, just like Caelyn suites DD.

So, keep trying! There is more than one perfect name out there! 

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

DDs1 and 2 were easy DD3 not too bad but took time for her middle name,  DD4 took forever and we settled on her middle name when I was 7 months along.  

I had used all my favorite girl names so when it got to the fourth it was hard. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member

Well, considering Andrew wasn't named until he was almost two days old we obviously have a tough time naming any kids!

There aren't any names that I love (except one and DH vetoed it) so I'm having a tough time, too.  Honestly we have barely even discussed it. Being that I'm knocking on 3rd tri we should probably at least start making lists.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

This time around it has been harder for us as well. I think it will be easier once we find out the gender so we don't have to think about girl AND boy names. We've got one name for each sex that we are happy with but nothing is set in stone and we are still open to change.

I try to find inspiration everywhere I go; street names, people I meet at the playground or around town, movies, etc. You could also look at your and DH's family tree.  Many of the women on my BMB have created Google Doc spread sheets and they and their husbands add and remove names as the weeks progress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"