Secondary IF

Vent- It NEVER gets easier

I am so tired of people saying "but you already have two kids, you should be happy with that.", yes, dont get me wrong I am VERY blessed with two, but that doesn't stop the hurt that isn't not easy to have another. I've always pictured myself as a mom of 3 or 4 kids. My family doesn't feel "complete" and no matter if it's your 2nd, 3rd, 4th child you are having a hard time conceiving, it's still a void that you desire to have filled. I'm tired of hearing about how it will happen when it's time and when we stop trying it will happen and how we just need a vacation. YES, I need a vacation, but not so I can get knocked up. Alot of people do not understand. It's extremly difficult to go to family gatherings and events and hear "so it's about time for more huh? and "So, are you pregnant yet?" I dread this long family filled weekend. Most of our family don't know what it took to get DD #2, let alone doing it again...... Ok vent over. I know you ladies get it, thank you :)
TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10

Re: Vent- It NEVER gets easier

• I hope it is ok if I chime in.

A lady in here said something I've that has always stuck with me. "Every woman is allowed to want the family size of her dreams. And if that dream isn't realized it is a void. And if you have trouble conceiving it is a medical problem. "
    I know how you feel. I tell people when they ask "I'd love another baby but it isn't up to me".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same exact boat!! People just don't know what to say or even realize that what they are saying isn't supportive. If one more person tells me "it's not the end of the world because i already have two kids"I'm going to scream.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think there's anything any of us could add to your post. You said Exactly 100% what goes through my mind on a daily basis. A Very good friend (who knows we're having trouble TTC #2) said to me not too long ago "You might just have to accept that you were only meant to have DS". My only thought was No way am I willing to accept that. You're right, it Never gets easier. :(
  • Hi. I'm lurking here from TTC<35. We have been trying for #3 for 18 months and it is SO FRUSTRATING!! I couldn't have written your post any better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"