Working Moms

who here has a blog?

And does anyone have any recommendations on which is a good site to use? Since MH passed I've been thinking of blogging to record the experience for myself and DS. I've looked and can't seem to find any blogs by or for young widowed moms google was little help and I know there has got to be more than just me out there dealing with this.

Re: who here has a blog?

• If you sign up for an account on wordpress.com, you will get access to the wordpress 'reader' page (even if you don't make your own blog) This page allows you to search for blogs hosted on Wordpress by topic(s). I'm not familiar with other blog-hosting sites, but I imagine they have similar features.  

I imagine that will probably help you find blogs closer to what you're looking for than a google search would, although you could try using the advanced search settings (on google) to see if that would help narrow it down.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hansa11hansa11 member

I use Blogger, but can't say whether it's the best site or not.  But no matter what you choose, I think writing, whether it's a blog or just a journal for your son, is therapeutic.  If you want some inspiration, take a look at Matt Logelin's blog. https://www.mattlogelin.com/  He lost his wife unexpectedly when his daughter was just a day or two old.  He has links to other blogs written by widowers. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and although it's of little consolation, here's a hug across the Internet. 

Son #1 - September '09
    Son #2 - October '11
    Son #3 - Hoping to adopt from China some time in 2014!

Our adoption journey: Talkin' 'Bout the Next Generation
  • Loading the player...
  • I do and use google blogger.  I find that it's pretty user friendly but very basic.  It suits my needs for what I need.

I've been doing mine for almost 2 years to document my DD's health condition.  It has been great to share with our family and friends but also for me to look back and have kind of a journal for her.  I forgot to write stuff in her baby book but I blogged about the big milestones.  

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH.  I hope this will keep his memory alive for you and for your son! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I agree with the Wordpress suggestion. It's a great site might inspire you. Whether you can directly connect with people in your exact situation or with someone mourning in ayotaklydifferent situation, I've found that the wordpress community is super supportive and inspiring. Sorry for your loss. I think it's a great idea to document this grieving period so you can look back and reflect any time you feel like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do and I use Google Blogger. I like it but I don't have any experience with any other sites. As far as following blogs, I use bloglovin.com. I like that they send me one email at the end of the day with all of the new blog updates.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're dealing with. Blogging would probably help you get some emotion out. Search for this topic of bloglovin.com to see if anything comes up. It might be helpful if you could find someone in a similar situation as you.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"