High-Risk Pregnancy

Monday Bed Rest Check In

Hi Ladies

How did  we sleep last night?

How are we holding up?

Didn't sleep that great baby was kicking my belly button and it really hurt last night he was moving ever which way like he couldn't get comfortable and I had to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes 

Re: Monday Bed Rest Check In

• I'm doing well!! A little sore today. Woke up WAY to early. That makes the days go by longer, that's for sure. I was just praying in could sleep in and for the first time this whole BR I fell asleep again and slept on and off til 11! I was so thankful. When you wake up at 6 to do nothing, the day sure drags by....

47 days of BR left. 3 days to next doc and 4 to 30 weeks. The count downs really help me, lol.
    Married to my dream husband
    Mom to 2 year old BG twins (Incompetant cervix, cerclage, and LOTS of bed rest)
    Pregnant with our next!
  • Hi everyone! I did not sleep well last night. I ate too much for dinner. I haven't had many issues with heartburn or acid reflux this pregnancy but last night it came with a vengeance! Thank goodness for the hospital bed so I could try to catch a few zzzz in a slightly upright position.

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks on bed rest, 3 of which have been in the hospital. The docs are telling me that a week from Wednesday they will send me to the higher risk hospital since I'll be close to 24 weeks. 

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies, congrats on making it to another Monday.  I hope we all have a healthy and fast week.

Sleep?  What is sleep?  I got less than 2 hours of it last night, but managed to nap 45 minutes today.  With such little last night, I have to sleep really well tonight, I hope!  My biggest obstacle to sleeping is this huge heavy belly.  These babies feel like they are growing like crazy, and my stomach just plain hurts at night.  I also think this nifedipine drug is messing with me too, I feel a lot of anxiety about an hour after I take it.  It works SO well to prevent contractions though.  I am going to mention all of this to my doctor this week.

In better news, I am excited we reach 32 weeks this week.  I never ever ever thought we would make it this far! 

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • Finished the second photo album guess I'll call it the early adult years ( it is also the one where my children A and S are babies small children) just need one more album and then all pictures will be sorted , need to go to store and get another album the rest of the pictures are in a bigger size
  • 30 weeks today :)  Now if I can just get to 32...

Belly has been irritable/contract-y/just won't relax. Dr checked cvx though and said has remained stable which was welcome news.  

My hair is a nest from laying in bed. I can't even get the knots out in the shower... 

Hope everyone enjoyed some time with family today. For those that have lost loved ones, know you are not alone. 

dandy - I am having sudden heartburn issues too :(  Must be the hospital food. :   I didn't realize you had been on bedrest since 18 weeks. That has to be rough. Congrats on how far you've come!

MyPlus5 - are you on Nifedipine long term? My doctor said their policy is to stop it after 48 hours (once you are "Beta complete"). I thought I'd heard of people continuing to take it longer though and frankly would prefer to. I'll ask her tomorrow but just curious if you are.

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• imageNantucketSunset:
    30 weeks today :)  Now if I can just get to 32...

Belly has been irritable/contract-y/just won't relax. Dr checked cvx though and said has remained stable which was welcome news.  

My hair is a nest from laying in bed. I can't even get the knots out in the shower... 

Hope everyone enjoyed some time with family today. For those that have lost loved ones, know you are not alone. 

dandy - I am having sudden heartburn issues too :(  Must be the hospital food. :   I didn't realize you had been on bedrest since 18 weeks. That has to be rough. Congrats on how far you've come!

MyPlus5 - are you on Nifedipine long term? My doctor said their policy is to stop it after 48 hours (once you are "Beta complete"). I thought I'd heard of people continuing to take it longer though and frankly would prefer to. I'll ask her tomorrow but just curious if you are.

Congrats on making it to the 30's!!  I hope you make it to 32 + too!  The end is in sight.

Yes I am on nifedipine long term.  When I had regular contractions at 22 weeks, they had me on something else more powerful for 48 hours.  It was a pill, and I don't remember what it was.  They switched me to nifedipine before I was allowed to go home.  The second time I had regular contractions at 29 weeks, they gave me a shot of something to stop the contractions immediately and then upped my dosage of nifedipine.  Things have been quiet ever since.  Are you on anything now??

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • imageMyPlus5:
    imageNantucketSunset:

Congrats on making it to the 30's!!  I hope you make it to 32 + too!  The end is in sight.

Yes I am on nifedipine long term.  When I had regular contractions at 22 weeks, they had me on something else more powerful for 48 hours.  It was a pill, and I don't remember what it was.  They switched me to nifedipine before I was allowed to go home.  The second time I had regular contractions at 29 weeks, they gave me a shot of something to stop the contractions immediately and then upped my dosage of nifedipine.  Things have been quiet ever since.  Are you on anything now??

The other, 48hr, med was probably Indomethicin.  Works like a charm,  but dangerous if taken for more then 72hrs at a time.  

I had a paradoxical reaction to Nifidepine :(

i didn't sleep well last nite either!  Here's hoping tonite is better for all :) 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCNYBride05:
    imageMyPlus5:
    imageNantucketSunset:

The other, 48hr, med was probably Indomethicin.  Works like a charm,  but dangerous if taken for more then 72hrs at a time.  

I had a paradoxical reaction to Nifidepine :(

i didn't sleep well last nite either!  Here's hoping tonite is better for all :) 

Yes, that was it.  Indomethicin. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"