Special Needs
Options

Am I being silly?

My DS has sensory problems and might be on spectrum as well for Autism. We are currently finished with OT and supposed to contact pediatrician back for next steps to get son help.  

Here is were my anger starts because OT we had in my opinion SUCKED! She would want DS to sent for whole 1hour session unless he ate all his food( if tried to get up would put him into baby seat. He is 3 years old). She asked me to take pictures of DS doing different emotions so she could make emotions book for me to read to him every day. I did it and it took a couple weeks. She never made book. Then when she said there was nothing more she could do for him said she would call once a week to check on how things were going. I told her my hubby and I really didn't feel comfortable with this. She said she was going to still talk to over the phone once a week. That was 2months or more ago. I have not heard from her once. 

DS still has same problems and getting worse and not progressed at all with eating. DS GI has us going into feeding therapist but we are on a waiting list because they are so filled up. 

Am I being silly or do I have a right to be upset here. I just want DS to get the help he is needing. Sorry for long vent. This has just really been bugging me, Any T&A is helpful. Thanks. 

Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Am I being silly?

• Options
    Sorry didn't think first try posted. 
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

no. You have every reason to be upset. You care about your son and you want to help him. I would be checking to see if there was another OT you could get and fire your old one!

We were on a really long waiting list to see a feeding therapist too and I called my doctor because I thought it was ridiculous to wait 3-4 months! I told them I was unsatisified with the care because my son needed to be seen and I did not want to waste time waiting. I offered to drive to another children's hospital to get in sooner. He was able to get us in at a hospital 3 hours away to at least be evaluated within the month. It was worth the drive. And this therapist works with our local OT so we don't have to drive down to the other hosptial too often.

I hope you are able to get the therapy that your son needs. Hang in there.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Was the OT through Early Intervention?  Private?  If it was through EI or the school district you have some recourse... could you try calling the director because it doesn't sound like you're getting what your son needs/deserves/has a right to.  

• Options

Yeah, that sounds like she was pretty bad. DD's OT is great and really works with us. Am I right in saying she forced your son to sit Ina high hair when he wouldn't finish eating? That sounds crazy! Also, she is literally phoning in her work? She is calling to check I stead of coming in person. You cannot conduct OT over the phone lol! Is she getting paid for the hours with these phone calls she's not even making?

yes, fire her and put a complaint in through whatever organization she came from.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"