October 2013 Moms

Face bleach gone wrong

So yesterday our friends threw a party for their 4month old baby. I was very excited as I hv not been to any party after getting pregnant. I wanted to look good just 90 mins before the party I decided to bleach my face. It's the Sally Hansen, ive been using it from 4yrs nvr had a problem. But today when I applied the bleach it started to burn which is normal for me but after 2mins it started to burn too much and I decided to wash off and oolaaa I can see dark black spots all around my cheeks and under my eyes. Nothing happened to my hands. All I could do right then was to cry, DH was about to get into tears along with me. Then I applied Aveeno moisturizing cream and decided to apply yOgurt mixed with honey on the spots. I planned on lying down before I wash it off and decided not to attend the party. DH supported me so much, i thought he is going to yell on me and he did not, infact he did whatever I asked him to do..
Then I washed my face after 30mins and wow almost 80 of the spots were gone. So I did the same thing again and after an hr all the spots were gone I got ready to the party. Somehow Aveeno and Yogurt saved me from embarrasement. One thing I understood that my skin is more sensitive than it was ever. I thought ill share with you ladies so that you can think twice before thinking foolishly like me..

Re: Face bleach gone wrong

• elllafelllaf member
    Why would you bleach your face when you're pregnant?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am still stuck on the concept of 'bleaching your face' ever...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageelllaf:

Ditto!

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elllafelllaf member
    imagesleepy33:
    I am still stuck on the concept of 'bleaching your face' ever...nbsp;

Hahaha classic!
  • izna009izna009 member
    imagesleepy33:
    I am still stuck on the concept of 'bleaching your face' ever...nbsp;

Dumb me : No one told me I shouldn't
  • izna009izna009 member
    imageelllaf:

Ya my bad, no one told me not to..so i tried it out!!
  • elllafelllaf member
    Do we need a list of things you shouldn't do while pregnant?

1. Don't bleach your skin.

2. Don't go in a tanning bed

3. Alcohol is a no no

• I don't really understand this either.... Why would you bleach your face? If because you have dark hair on your face.. From people I have met it makes the hair more obvious.. Wax?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• Is this what Michael Jackson did? This is something I have never heard of and doesn't sound very safe pregnant or not.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • The bleach is for facial hair....not skin. It makes the hair lighter....it's considered a beauty regimen....your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy, and have you never heard people say not to color hair while pregnant? That includes your stache. Wax it from now on...
  • What?  I don't even understand why one would think putting bleach on your face would be ok while pregnant.

(you can color your hair while pregnant)  preferably in a well-ventilated area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• jennlinjennlin member

i have a friend who does this...she had dark hair on her face..in her religion, she cannot remove the hair, so bleaching is the better alternative.

sounds painful, sorry!

• I totally understand you.  I know the Sally Hansen stuff you are talking about to bleach facial hair (like mustache).  I'm so sorry this happened to you but it's a good lesson because I too wouldn't have thought anything of it.  Glad you are ok now!
  • you can color your hair while pregnantnbsp; preferably in a wellventilated area.

this, I referred to not being able to because its common to hear that you can't, she said no one ever told her differently
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"