Special Needs

So upset......

My DS has sensory problems and might be on spectrum as well for Autism. We are currently finished with OT and supposed to contact pediatrician back for next steps to get son help.

Here is were my anger starts because OT we had in my opinion SUCKED! She would want DS to sent for whole 1hour session unless he ate all his food( if tried to get up would put him into baby seat. He is 3 years old). She asked me to take pictures of DS doing different emotions so she could make emotions book for me to read to him every day. I did it and it took a couple weeks. She never made book. Then when she said there was nothing more she could do for him said she would call once a week to check on how things were going. I told her my hubby and I really didn't feel comfortable with this. She said she was going to still talk to over the phone once a week. That was 2months or more ago. I have not heard from her once. 

DS still has same problems and getting worse and not progressed at all with eating. DS GI has us going into feeding therapist but we are on a waiting list because they are so filled up. 

Am I being silly or do I have a right to be upset here. I just want DS to get the help he is needing. Sorry for long vent. This has just really been bugging me, Any T&A is helpful. Thanks. 

Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: So upset......

• I plan on discussing my feeling with his pediatrician next appointment. We were referred to OT by him. My husband is just really upset because it seems like things have just become worse not any better. It didn't seem to help him cope any better with things and he seems even more angry now. 
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"