January 2013 Moms
Options

Two things because I'm too lazy for two posts!

1. DD has woken up with epic gas issues at 3am 3 nights in a row and I'm losing my mind!!! I spend two hours helping her work it out and then we finally get back to sleep for more than 20min. Suggestions? I'll call doc on Monday but I need some ideas before then.

2. I got my period back yesterday and forgot how much it SUCKS! Ugh. I used to have wretched cramps for 18hrs but it seems I've traded those for headaches and a constant, dull ache in my ute that's been going on for over 24 hours. Boo. The only positive is that having a regular cycle again makes charting a helluva lot easier...but wtf body?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Two things because I'm too lazy for two posts!

• Options
    Have you tried gripe water? Try giving it before bed. DS used to have the same problem but the gripe water before bed did the trick. As for AF sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Have you tried gripe water? Try giving it before bed. DS used to have the same problem but the gripe water before bed did the trick. As for AF sorry!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOhBaby2013:

Yeah, I started doing that a few days ago because she was screaming in pain from teething but I didn't know that's what it was yet. I'm still doing it because the drool gives them tummy trouble sometimes. I'm thinking I'll try to spread out halfdoses throughout the day? Perhaps then it will get to her intestines before the madness starts. Haha, we'll see.
  • Options
    We use mylicon for gas. If baby is bottle fed, I put a few drops in the bottle. It helps dissolve the bubbles that are already in the bottle. If baby is FF, I've noticed fewer bubbles when we mix a pitcher of formula and leave it in the fridge.

Also, as for AF, that sucks, I'm sorry. Be careful charting because it can take a couple of months to get regulated. That's how we ended up with DD2.
  • Options
    imagestardust317:
    We use mylicon for gas. If baby is bottle fed, I put a few drops in the bottle. It helps dissolve the bubbles that are already in the bottle. If baby is FF, I've noticed fewer bubbles when we mix a pitcher of formula and leave it in the fridge.

Also, as for AF, that sucks, I'm sorry. Be careful charting because it can take a couple of months to get regulated. That's how we ended up with DD2.

Thanks! We're EBF and she still hasn't had a bottle, haha. So not sure where the gas is coming from...but yeah, we'll be careful charting, for sure, but we're not too worried about it. Ideally, DD would be 15mo or so when we got pregnant again, but I wouldn't totally freak out if she was like, 9mo. We're always open to new life though, hence the charting. ::mobile smiley::
  • Options
    My ideal was getting pregnant at 1518 months as well. My kids are 15 months apart.
  • Options

If you are breastfeeding, have you eaten anything in the past couple of days that you haven't had before? Even if it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would cause gas, it could be culprit.

As for your period, man do I feel you on that! I got mine back a month ago and it totally blew.  

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"