Babies on the Brain

Dieting & Trying

Is is ok to still diet (Weight Watchers) while trying? 

Re: Dieting & Trying

• Sure is. I've been watching my diet, and exercising regularly, since we started trying for #2 last year. My Dr. is totally fine with it. I'm just eating healthier, nothing extreme. I'd stay away from any crazy fad diets while TTC, but weight watchers is totally fine. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageliilii080:
    Yes as long as you are not underweight, dropping your calories below 1200 a day, or have some other underlying health problem, it's safe to diet while ttc.  Weight Watchers has a lot of great programs that help you lose in a pretty safe and controlled way and with a support aspect to help keep you accountable.  Just don't take it to the extreme and good luck.  

I'm on WW. I plan on staying on it until I get pregnant. I need the accountability. Good luck. 

Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Loading the player...
  • As long as your on a healthy diet not some crazy fad diet it shouldn't be a problem.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Absolutely. If yo have excess weight you may find losing weight helps you conceive. Also, there are health risks for baby if you get pregnant and you're overweight/obese as well so losing weight will help with that as well. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imageKC_13:
    Absolutely. If yo have excess weight you may find losing weight helps you conceive. Also, there are health risks for baby if you get pregnant and you're overweight/obese as well so losing weight will help with that as well. Good luck!

Being overweight does not mean you will have a baby with health problems. It puts you in a higher risk group, but it absolutely does not mean your child will be unhealthy. 

Skinny women have babies with issues as well. Some of them from their lack of nutrition. 

Thats why she said health RISKS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imageKC_13:
    Absolutely. If yo have excess weight you may find losing weight helps you conceive. Also, there are health risks for baby if you get pregnant and you're overweight/obese as well so losing weight will help with that as well. Good luck!

Being overweight does not mean you will have a baby with health problems. It puts you in a higher risk group, but it absolutely does not mean your child will be unhealthy. 

Skinny women have babies with issues as well. Some of them from their lack of nutrition. 

um, I know that. I have a baby with medical issues despite the fact I was a healthy weight when I was pregnant and maintained a healthy diet/exercise regime while pregnant. It doesn't take away the fact that overweight/;obese women are at higher risk and losing weight prior to conception can help minimize those risks.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"