December 2013 Moms
Options

left side sleeping = pain

Go figure. For years I can't sleep on anything but my left side. Now that I'm pregnant if I sleep on my left side I have shooting pain that radiates through my hip, down my leg, and straight into my foot. Awesome. I know they say it's only really an issue, and not even a huge one at that, at about 20ish weeks. I'd still like to figure something out though.

Is it still technically your left side if you lay on your back with a pillow jammed under your right side so your tilted? I did this last night and when DH came to bed he pulled it out from under me because he said I looked crooked and uncomfortable. Even though I was sound asleep. Nice.

It wasn't too bad though. I mean, I managed to fall asleep. If that's sufficient maybe I've found my solution....or maybe I'm just crooked.

Anyone else hating on their left side? Whatcha do about it?
photo 40249f87-83df-48da-9fbb-1ccf1e0e5624_zps8e8080d9.jpg Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: left side sleeping = pain

• Options
    With both of my girls I've slept which ever way is most comfy. I'm a stomach sleeper until I cannot do it comfortably. After that I sleep however I can get comfy. But then again I'm a rebel, I drink caffeine, eat lunch meat and hot dogs....

• Options
    I hsve the same problem with my last and this pregnancy. I just layed how ever i could to sleep. I didnt sleep long enough to matter. I used pillows for support. My dr. said quality sleep was more important.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"