LGBT Parenting

Pregnancy Check-in

Updates? How are you feeling? Anything you're looking forward to this week?

QOTD: What favorite spring time/outdoor activity are you most looking forward to doing with your little one(s) next year?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Check-in

• 28 weeks tomorrow! We have our midwife appointment and then after that move to appointments every two weeks. I'm feeling great! After being busy and letting them slide, I'm getting back into my walking and yoga schedule, hoping to add swimming back in next week.

I'm heading to Oregon to visit my nana over the long weekend. C and I were planning on driving down, but after a change in plans I'm heading down on my own and flying. I'm looking forward to relaxing and working on the baby's quilt with my nana.

QOTD: I'm hoping to take our little one camping next year, but also just exploring all our local parks and hiking trails. I picture lots of babywearing and blanket time with a ~9-12 month old.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No updates for now, I have my last OB appointment in 2 weeks before I transfer officially to midwives. During that appointment we will see the little one on u/s and I'm looking forward to seeing the growth since last time. Then we won't do anymore u/s unless medically necessary, as we aren't finding out the sex.

This week I'm looking forward to feeling better as I reach the end of the first trimester. I walked to work today and I'm going to the pool after work. I really hope to maintain my energy level, as I did I hike this weekend but slept the rest of that day!

QOTD: I'm looking forward to going to a cabin in the woods for Valentine's Day weekend, as has become a tradition for us. The past two years we would fantasize and talk about our future family and I look forward to having baby with us this time! I also can't wait to take baby for walks on the beach.

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • MK, yay on your upcoming move to midwives!

Are you doing an anatomy scan ultrasound (usually around 18-22 weeks)?

• 33 weeks tomorrow and still sort of in disbelief that these boys could show up as early as two weeks from now.  I'd like them to stay in longer of course, but average for twins is 35 so I'm going for 'above average.' :-p

We have no cribs set up, no room set up, the car seats aren't in the car.  This is what it's like the second time around.  Last time I was all about the prep and while I still am, I also realize how much of the prep was totally unnecessary.  

QOTD: Well with DD I love doing just about anything outside with her.  It's like her mind opens up even more when outside and the things she notices are amazing.  My maternity leave will fall at the best time of year so I'm certain I'll be spending lots of time outside with the three kiddos.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJoySeattle:
    MK, yay on your upcoming move to midwives! Are you doing an anatomy scan ultrasound usually around 1822 weeks?nbsp;

Thanks Joy! We really love our midwives.

Is the anatomy scan the one in 2nd tri that checks for spina bifida? Yes, we will be doing that one too.

Just talked on the phone with OB, she called to say all my blood tests and materniT21 test were normal! Yay! My progesterone is too low so I'm staying on the meds. I almost typed mess and that is exactly what it is. Almost all of it comes out. Yuck.

She asked if I want to know the sex, because she can tell by the blood test??? I had to stop her by saying no, no, no and ask her to write a note in my file that we don't want to know. That was close!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • GL to those who are getting close!!!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • I am on vacation and literally posting from my beach chair! I am still not experiencing any symptoms, which makes me nervous since that was the case last time. I know it is still on the early side for morning sickness but it seems like I should be feeling...something? I have my first ultrasound when I get back so that will let me know how things are really going.

QOTD: Eventually growing veggies in out garden, but I'll hopefully have only a 3 to 5 month old next spring, so I think it will be a little early for that.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am late checking in as I just got off my shift in the ER today.  I had 2 back to back really good days and then today has been rough.  I woke up puking and then had headaches and dizziness the entire time I was working.  I am trying to keep down some food now and am hoping that a good night sleep will help my other symptoms go away.  Otherwise, not much new here.... 
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • txdz14txdz14 member

No updates to report. We have our last appointment with the fertility doc next week then 2 weeks after that we see our regular OB for the first time.

I am looking forward to just being outside with the little ones next spring. Since we are due in Dec but will prob deliver early, they will be the perfect size by the time it warms up here. We love to run and bike so we are looking for biking accesories for them already! And we love to be on the water so I'm sure a few boating trips will be in the mix also.

Good luck to those getting so close! :Yes 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't reported in a long while but I've been lurking!  Bumping is tough with a 19 month old. 

I'm feeling great.  N started STTN last week, for the first time in his life (get ready mamas ;)  I've been absolutely exhausted up to this point but finally I'm getting a solid 6 hours of sleep a night, for the first time since I was this far along with him (summer 2011) and it's done a world of good.  I feel great!  My OB appointments are at 2 weeks starting next week.  I can't believe I'm here already.  Like TT we haven't prepared a thing.  We actually haven't bought a single thing for this baby.  I got all swept up in the baby registry craze with N and bought everything (pack n play, swing, ha!  nursery...) and didn't use a single item.  He's been in our bed since birth.  Never stepped foot in his pack n play, etc.  Everything is brand new and if we don't use it this time around, we've selling it all.  Even diapers!  This poor kiddo doesn't even get it's own diapers!  We cd'd with N from birth and have a million.  The second one is so different!

I cannot wait to tandem nurse.  I can't wait to hold both my babies and watch them interact.  I can't wait to watch N take in the new baby.  He kisses and hugs my stomach and it just makes me melt.  Other than that, I just can't wait to be a family of 4.  My wife couldn't be a better co=parent.  I'm so excited to do it again, without the first time baby cloud.  She's breathtaking and a wonderful mom.  I'm so grateful we get to experience the beginning together again.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone,

Morning sickness with twins has been brutal for me, but I got to hear those two amazing little heartbeats this week. And I'm actually on Zofran now because I couldn't stop throwing up or keep anything down at all. Now I'm doing better. I still can't believe there were two heartbeats. I was praying for please one, not that I didn't want two, I just didn't set my hopes that high. Our first two beta numbers were huge though, and then the extreme, quick morning sickness....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"