Attachment Parenting

?s for co sleepers with toddler

I have almost 19mth old twins and we share a queen mattress on the floor of their room. We started out with cribs and me on a futon next to them but they were up constantly and I just kept taking turns bringing them to bed with me to I finally bought a bigger mattress for us to share. We all sleep better now and I LOVE co sleeping full time with them. 

My question is to those of you who co sleep, do you use sleepsacks/wearable blankets for LO or a blanket or are they under the same blanket as you? I sleep between them since they usually want to nurse at some point here and there thru the night and I"m also thinking its fair that I sleep next to each of them. Right now they are in sleepsacks and I keep a small blanket for myself but with the warmer weather coming its sometimes hot when I lay them down and gets colder later on in the night so I'd like to skip the sleepsack and start using a light blanket or sheet so it can easily be placed on them if needed etc...I tried one night and every time they moved so did the blanket. Wondering how you all handle this? TIA :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ?s for co sleepers with toddler

• Hi! We cosleep with DS who is also 19 months. He's an October 25 baby!

We've never used sleep sacks. He wears weather appropriate pj's, so in winter the flannel footed sleepers and now just a diaper and tshirt, and we share blankets. The sheets and blankets are all on the bed, and I pull them up just over my waist, which means his legs are covered.

He's not a huge blanket fan, and we go back and forth all night...him kicking them off and me pulling them back on. Fun times! ;D
    imageimage
  • ncbellencbelle member
    I also have never used sleep sacks but just PJs that were warm enough.  By that age though, I would put the covers on LO - although both kids kicked them off.
  • Loading the player...
  • In our house, everyone has their own blanket. DH, DD 1, and I have blankets, and I am starting to phase DD 2 out of her sleep sack.  All of us sleep better when we aren't getting our blankets stolen and everyone has the blanket that suits them best.  DD 1's is smaller, DH's isn't as warm as mine, etc.
  • jk382jk382 member
    My DS always kicks his blanket off so we use a sleep sack.  I just put a onesie on underneath.  I use a long sleeve onesie if it is cold and a short sleeve onesie if it is warm.  He sleeps in his crib part of the time and with me when he wake up.  When he is with me, he can have a blanket if he wants it, but he usually doesn't.  
  • eav2ceav2c member
    He normally is fine just in his jammies but sometimes his lower half is covered by the blanket. I kind of felt that the sleep sacks were just way too warm when we cosleeping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cpmichcpmich member
    My 2.5 year old sleeps in a t shirt and diaper. He is a kid that overheats easily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bed share with my almost 15 month old and have since birth. Never had him in a sleep sack or swaddled. He just had his own blanket and was dressed in weather appropriate pjs. Now he hates blankets so he sleeps perpendicular to DH I at pillow height and DH and I share a light quilt and flat sheet.
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"