Pre-School and Daycare

good books for (almost) 4 yr old who likes to draw?

I don't mean a book to read, but a small activity book where maybe they show a simple drawing & how to make it (eg at school they get worksheets sometimes that show how to draw a bear- big circle, smaller circle on top, four circles as paws, etc).  DD loves to draw different things & I thought a small book would be a fun new thing to have during an upcoming plane trip & vacation.

Thanks!

Re: good books for (almost) 4 yr old who likes to draw?

• imagehijoi:
    I just got a basic one at either Walmart or Target by crayola. It is about an inch thick and had tons of drawing space as well as letters and numbers.

Does it have pictures too or just letters & numbers? (I only ask b/c we already have some dry erase ones w/ letters & numbers)

• My DH found some super cool coloring books on Amazon by Herve Tullet. One is called The Coloring Book, the other is The Scribble Book. 

https://www.amazon.com/The-Coloring-Book-Herve-Tullet/dp/185437849X/ref=pd_sim_b_1

I think the Scribble Book sounds more like what you're looking for -- like, it shows a picture of a circus strongman holding a line over his head, and the kid is supposed to draw/scribble circles so it looks like a barbell.  But they're both very cool, out of the ordinary coloring books. 

It looks like the Scribble Book is out of stock right now, but you might be able to find it somewhere other than Amazon.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • I was looking at pintrest one day and there were a few "step by step how to draw" things and my 4 yr old DD loved it! If you search for "how to draw" books on Amazon, there are a bunch of options.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD likes those black sheets that you take a little stick and when you draw the color comes up.  I've seen them in notebooks with step by steps on how to draw different pictures
  • imagemommymegan831:
    DD likes those black sheets that you take a little stick and when you draw the color comes up.  I've seen them in notebooks with step by steps on how to draw different pictures

I just saw these in B&N yesterday and was thinking of getting one, thanks!!!

I wanted to get that Scribble book but it is out of stock everywhere I looked...

But, I did find a few things at B&N that she can do a faces book and some 'doodle' books that have stencils and 'decorate the XXX" on different pages. Thanks for all the recs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"