January 2013 Moms

Breathable bumpers?

DH wants to get breathable bumpers because DD moves like a maniac and sometimes has limbs hanging out of the crib. Even though I have held them up to my face and can breath through they make me nervous. Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breathable bumpers?

• IMO, I think they are fine. We use them and have had no issues.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We use them and I think they're great. Saved my DD from getting her limbs through the slats and bumping her head. Like PP said they are a pain in the butt to get on the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm very happy with ours.  Maybe mine it a little different, but I think it went on fine and says in place with out too much issue.  There are ties for every other slat and that helps keep it from sliding up and down too much when DS kicks it.  I straighten it about once a week.  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • We used them with DD1. She was waking up 4 and 5 times a night with various limbs stuck out of the crib. Around 9 months, they would no longer contain her limbs and we put the regular bumper back up.
  • ecu0505ecu0505 member
    We have them to and they are fine. We got them because LO would have her limbs between the slats even with a swaddle on.
  • I have the same problem with my DS who keeps putting his arm through the crib slat and can't yet figure out how to remove it. For now I am going to hold off on the breathable mesh bumpers though because they are not recommended by the AAP. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jobiannjobiann member
    We use them but tonight is DS's second night in his crib....knock on wood at least!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imagerockyrollgirl:
    IMO, I think they are fine. We use them and have had no issues.

Same here 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ds has had one since week three when he started sleeping in his crib. Like a few previous posts mentioned, the ties are a PITA, and it occasionally moves down. I don't have anything really negative to say about them.
  • We have them and when LO was napping this morning she still got her leg out through the bars. She started out on her tummy and moved to her back, then turned and apparently lifted her leg over the bumper, pushed it down, and got her leg out. This was the first time it happened and we've had them since she was born, so I'm not worried about it. But I'm also one who let's her sleep on her tummy and with a blanket. I don't worry a lot about things like this much anymore abd she's been just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"