Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Dropping a nap

My LO will be one in two weeks. He has always taken two naps a day. the past week or so he has been fighting his morning nap. He usually goes down about 9:30-10:00 but lately I put him down then (after looking tired) and he will fuss and roll around/stand up in his crib for sometimes up to 45 min. Then he finally falls asleep. Then his second nap he takes a long time to fall asleep again. He is not teething and no signs of sickness. I know this is some what early to drop a nap, from what I have read its usually about 15 months when they might drop one. MY LO has done everything earlier than most so I am not sure if that is what he is doing. Any one else going through this or has a LO who dropped a nap?

Thanks! 

Re: Dropping a nap

• My son is a bit younger than yours, but I do know that he will occaisonally fight his naps for absolutely no good reason. Every few weeks we go through an "I hate naps" phase and he just has no interest in sleeping even if he's drop-dead tired. It's like someone is whispering in his ear that naps are evil and avoid them at all costs! I would think if your LO is fighting both of his naps then it's just a rebellious phase and probably still needs them if he is falling asleep eventually.

If you think he's ready, try skipping the morning nap and then move his afternoon nap up an hour or so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"