Chit Chat

WWTBD

Settle this argument between DH and I.

Background info: We have a deck off of our kitchen that covers the patio from our walk out basement. We make coffee in the mornings using a French Press which is a PIA to clean out because we have a septic and shouldn't dump coffee grounds down the sink. There is usually some coffee left over so it's not just grounds, but liquid as well that we don't want to dump in the garbage. We also have a compost pile with a bucket with a lid under the sink that we dump every couple of days.

The argument: DH wants to dump the coffee grounds and leftover coffee off the deck into the grass because he doesn't want to put a lot of liquid in the compost bucket. I am totally against it and told him that this cannot happen for a number of reasons.

What say you?

Re: WWTBD

• What are your number of reasons?

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• Look up instructions on compost, you're actually supposed to add liquid once in a while, and the coffee would suit that fine.  If it's the little inside bucket he doesn't want the liquid in specifically, maybe get an empty coffee can you store right next to that for the coffee and grounds?  I agree with you, I see nothing wrong with it!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • I also wouldn't want coffee dumped off my deck onto the grass.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"