Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When to get rid of sucky?

When is / did everyone get rid of the pacifier?  
Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: When to get rid of sucky?

• Options
    We did it when DD turned 3
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Options
    15 months for both kids
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was really dreading getting rid of it, but my mom was babysitting one night when DD was around 22 months and couldn't find it, so DD went cold turkey.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lo was 10 months
  • Options
    jmdahnjmdahn member
    4 months.  First cold- he spit it out and I threw them all away.  Cold turkey before he really was too attached!  He is oblivious 2 years later.
  • Options
    tracy41tracy41 member
    imagejmdahn:
    4 months.nbsp; First cold he spit it out and I threw them all away.nbsp; Cold turkey before he really was too attached!nbsp; He is oblivious 2 years later.

This except he replaced it with his thumb. Leaving that alone until he turns 3 in August. Looks like DS2 is headed the same way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We went cold turkey at 15 months.  I was really dreading it because he was in love with it.  The first night he looked and cried for about a minute, the second night he looked for about 30 seconds and the third night he stopped looking.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.

We had stopped giving it to him except in the crib around a year, and daycare had lost his paci so he wasn't getting one to nap with at school so I think that helped.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alakealake member

DD1 did not take one at all.

DD2: 3 and a half.  She used it for sleeping.

DD3: did not take one.

• Options
    7 months. I wanted to get rid of it before he was too attached.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended by 2, but since I was going to have DS right after that, he said to wait 6 more mos. Well, 5 mos later, she was chewing on it because of 2 yr molar pain. She bit right through it in 2 spots. She told us it was broken and that was the end of it. Also worth noting, she no longer needs her blanket either.
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended by 2, but since I was going to have DS right after that, he said to wait 6 more mos. Well, 5 mos later, she was chewing on it because of 2 yr molar pain. She bit right through it in 2 spots. She told us it was broken and that was the end of it. Also worth noting, she no longer needs her blanket either.
  • Options

imagekgopel:
    15 months for both kids

Ditto. Went cold turkey with both. Naps sucked for a few weeks, but they were over it at night pretty quickly. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    2. I might have waited a bit longer if we didn't have a new baby coming and so many other things to work on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    skioskio member
    We're currently trying to get it away from DD [26m] via the "bye bye binky" method. It's sabotage. We started by poking holes in them, then slit the tops, then cut the tops off. We've stretched out the transition because she did not react well; lots of crying and fighting sleep. She used to go right down for naps and nighttime, but now takes a good hour or more to fall asleep. We thought she'd get used to it more quickly than this.

It has been two weeks and we have cut them twice now; another cut tomorrow, wait a couple days, cut one last time, and if she doesn't ditch them herself at that point, they're going to disappear. We've been telling her that her pacis are broken because she's all grown up now and she has worn them out.

She was suuuuuper addicted for sleeping. We want them gone before the new baby comes in a month. And if the new one takes a paci, we're gettin rid of it before she turns one, because this sucks, lol.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"