C-sections
Options

2 questions...

With my first csection my stomach above the incision was numb. After my RCS, my "external parts" are numb, to the point where it wakes me up at night.

Also, since I've had my c section I feel things on my skin, the sensation of something crawling on me if that makes any sense. Possibly from the spinal.

Anyone else experience either of these? Any tips?

Re: 2 questions...

• Options
    I don't know anything about the first one, but I can tell you that I definitely had the second after my section. My husband and I lovingly referred to them as the crack bugs. They offered me Benadryl to help with the sensation but I'm allergic so that was out. My doctor told me its standard after a spinal and unfortunately the only drug known to counteract it is backordered nation wide, something about a production issue. All I could do was make a joke out of it and hope. Went away after about 36 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    seekupseekup member
    Thanks for the info. I am 12 weeks postpartum though so I thought it was odd from anesthesia still! No idea why I feel this way! Weird!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know about the first question, but the second might just be nerves healing. That can take a long time. I don't remember as much with my c-section, but I remember after a previous surgery (on my jaw) that I still had numbness and random tingling for months afterwards.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"