Special Needs

Dev. Delays & Classes

We are signing my DD up for classes at one of those little gym classes as she is so active and needs more activities and interaction with kids. The problem is the way the ages are set up she is 18 months old but not walking. Is it better to have her with kids her own age or be with the younger group where she won't be the only one not walking. WWYD? 

Re: Dev. Delays & Classes

• The only experience with this I have is Sunday mornings. Our church is huge so the nurseries are grouped by age. I still put Lauren in nursery 2, which is for kids age 512 months. Lauren is 18 months but pretty delayed. She can better play with the babies and toys in nursery 2 than with kids her own age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did little gym and I'd go with her skill level. I'm guessing you are doing a little beasts mommy and me, or something similar, and if so, it's really about them running around and playing on the equipment, and with the scarves and bubbles once they are mobile, so if she's not quite there yet, she might have more fun in the younger class. Ask your director what she/he recomends, and I'm sure they would be happy to tell you what they think would work best. In my experience, at least at our LG, they were always great at dealing with any questions/issues that we brought their way. Good luck! Little Gym is really fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"