Preemies

New here ... Induction questions (34 wks)

Due to some complications (rh sensitization and fetal anemia) my MFM said we are shooting for a 34 week delivery but obviously hope to get to 37. I didn't ask if this would be an induction or a csec because I know it depends on how sick my baby gets for the most part.

With my first I had a vaginal delivery. Can anyone tell me some successful induction stories? I know many end up in cesarean... What was your induction like around this time period?

Re: New here ... Induction questions (34 wks)

• Hi there, I had a successful induction at 33.5 weeks.  Was on hospital bedrest hoping to get to 36 weeks (high bp), when I ruptured.  I was induced 5 hours later and delivered 5 hours after that.  I've heard a lot of scary stories about induction, but mine was a dream.  So much so that I am not worried about it at all a 2nd time around.  The only thing that was rough was the pitocin made my contractions really strong and no break in between (which is normal) and I waited to long to get an epidural.  Other than that, it was a piece of cake. Best of luck!
  • BLPL101BLPL101 member
    My water broke at 35 weeks. I had no contractions for 24 hours so I was given Cytotec (2 rounds). Contractions weren't strong enough so I was given Pitocin. I had DD 7 hours later. No c-section! Total was over 40 hours from the time my water broke to when DD was born.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was induced at 34w after my water broke. I had a successful unmedicated delivery, but I was already dilated 4cm and 80% effaced beginning the induction. My boys both suffered hemolytic anemia due to two rare antibodies I have. They both had a blood transfusion, no exchange transfusions. We saw hematology for 2 months afterwards, then their hematocrit levels stabilized. The rest of their NiCU time (20 and 27 days) was spent overcoming typical preemie issues.

GL, mama. T&Ps to you and LO. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"