Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Father's Day

DH's bday is the weekend after father's Day and he swears that he REALLY just wants to chill and putter around the house, hanging with us for both. 

I want to honor that but am wracking my brain to think of ways to make hanging out a little more fun/special.  Any ideas? 

As for gifts, even that is hard because he likes building stuff, but will up and buy any tool or materials he needs.  I'm feeling HUGE pressure because for mother's day he built me a raised garden bed and poured concrete pavers and had the kids put hand and footprints on every one (he even got the dog's prints in one!).  And even put in a rain barrel in.  How does a spoiled brat match that? I don't need to one-up him, but could use some ideas to make hanging out more special...

Help, please?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father's Day

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member

Does your DH enjoy grilling? My DH requested the Mangrate this year for Father's Day. It's rare that he says he wants something so I ordered it the very next day! I also got him some different wood chips (Cedar, Mesquite, Hickory) to add to the grill.

imageimage
  • Options

Maybe you can order in his favorite food for lunch or go to his favorite restaurant and get it to go. Rent a movie he has been hoping see. Have the house cleaned and ready for a relaxing weekend. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For Christmas I had a sign made for dh's shop. It just says THE SHOP property of . He loved it. I don't know if your dh has a shop or area In the garage that is his man cave but an idea.
  • Options
    imageLSU628:

Does your DH enjoy grilling? My DH requested the Mangrate this year for Father's Day. It's rare that he says he wants something so I ordered it the very next day! I also got him some different wood chips (Cedar, Mesquite, Hickory) to add to the grill.

What a great idea!  He uses gas, though.  Must go back and see if he can use this!

• Options
    imageWestCoastMommy:

Maybe you can order in his favorite food for lunch or go to his favorite restaurant and get it to go. Rent a movie he has been hoping see. Have the house cleaned and ready for a relaxing weekend. 

And the benefit of having a laid back hubby- 363 days a year it's easy.  The trouble with having such a laid back hubby, those two days a year he doesn't care.  Although I don't do fish or seafood and he loves seafood... that may work.

• Options

imagejalaiaa:
    For Christmas I had a sign made for dh's shop. It just says THE SHOP property of . He loved it. I don't know if your dh has a shop or area In the garage that is his man cave but an idea.

OOh.  I feel inspiration... I have some pics of the kids helping him in his workshop... I could marry the Property of... and those pics... thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"