Baby Showers

Opinions wanted

My mom wanted to plan a meet the baby party for her extended family because I declined her suggestion of a shower. Except she never planned it. Baby is now over 3 months and mom's big 60th party is coming up anyway. But she keeps mentioning needing to schedule the luncheon. Is it reasonable to shut her down because 1. meet the 6 month old doesn't have quite the same ring to it, and 2. he'll be at her birthday party anyway and everyone can meet him there? Seriously though, at what point is it too late to have a meet the baby party?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opinions wanted

• I don't really know. I mean, if she wants to throw a luncheon (excuse to party?) then why not let her? I mean, its her money and if she wants to throw it for baby then show up and enjoy. I'm pretty sure people who like baby when it was first born will like to meet him 6 months later, right? I don't think its ever reasonable to "shut someone down" if they are offering to give you a gift of a shower, luncheon etc. You can politely decline if you really want to. 

I mean, I don't know how much of a hill you want to die on over this. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It sounds like she is never going to do it, so I wouldn't worry about it. Smile. Nod. Pretty soon you'll be planning the first birthday party!

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • If they've never met the baby, then I don't think there is a "too late"!

If you dont' want a separate lunch, though, just focus her on her b-day party.  But if she actually pushes is and really does schedule something, just roll with it.  As Prim said - this definitely isn't a hill to die on.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• tracy41tracy41 member
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    I don't really know. I mean, if she wants to throw a luncheon excuse to party? then why not let her? I mean, its her money and if she wants to throw it for baby then show up and enjoy. I'm pretty sure people who like baby when it was first born will like to meet him 6 months later, right? I don't think its ever reasonable to "shut someone down" if they are offering to give you a gift of a shower, luncheon etc. You can politely decline if you really want to.nbsp;I mean, I don't know how much of a hill you want to die on over this.nbsp;

This is true. Out of curiosity how do you interpret shutting her down as anything other than declining? This is my mother not bridezillas. Insert mobile smiley here.

I just wanted opinions on when a reasonable timeframe to have the gathering is because if everyone but me says, "Timeframe? What timeframe?" I will just leave it alone and let her do her thing. Otherwise I will politely suggest she not worry about it and I'll make sure he makes his rounds at her birthday party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"