July 2013 Moms
Options

belly binding

Has anyone used any of the products our there? The belly bandit or anything like it? I'm curious to know your thoughts. I have a gift card to nordsrom and considered using it for this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: belly binding

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    I didn't. I asked the nurses in the hospital about them and they said they don't do anything but make you uncomfortable.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    klyannklyann member

I have a belly bandit from DD.  When DD was first born I couldn't quite get it fastened.  Then a few days later it fit, but I felt like it got in the way when sitting down and trying to nurse.  I'm pretty long torsoed, but it just felt like it was smooshing into my boobs.  I did try to wear it most days and then after a month or two (can't remember) it was TOO big and couldn't fasten it.  So I would have needed the next size down.  It did shrink my belly (but I can't compare it to what it would have looked like without)  I didn't have any sagging skin so definitely can't complain.  I will try it again this time around.

Sorry that was very all over the place.  I guess I would give it 3 stars.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I plan on getting the bellefit I think. I have a larger than average separation between my ab muscles and it's actually been recommended to me by my midwive for recovery. It has great reviews on Amazon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    I used something similar to the belly bandit that was 15 and used shrinkx hips to help my hips go back. Will use both again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to get the Belly Bandit BFF, it seems more adjustable. I saw them at a show this past weekend and it seemed like they are recommended for some issues after birth (like PP mentioned, ab separation, c section support, etc) I think it is worth a try! They get really good reviews.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MLS0630MLS0630 member
    I did not use the belly bandit immediately after my first but did after my 2nd and 3rd and saw a noticeable difference in firmness of skin, and a rebound in my shape in a much shorter amount of time.  I will definitely be using it again after this LO.  It would get a little uncomfortable while nursing but also helped me be conscious of my posture as I tend to slouch over when nursing.  So the binding and making me more aware of practicing holding in my muscles again helped me retone and saved my back (I have MAJOR back issues).  GL on your decision!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm giving it a shot this time.  Only because I found one at Target on clearance for $10 that someone had ordered online and then returned to the store with the box still sealed.
  • Options

imageLiz4444:
    I didn't. I asked the nurses in the hospital about them and they said they don't do anything but make you uncomfortable.

Same. I tried the sheet method (old fashioned) but it was just uncomfortable and really didn't work.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    cjm724cjm724 member
    I heard some hospitals give them out after birth.  I would ask your hospital before you buy anything! I am going to ask at my next childbirth class. 
  • Options
    I just heard Dr Oz say they are useless on his show and can cause discomfort to your internal organs (GI stuff and all, cause he always has to go there).  Anyways, I never used them.  I would totally save the car for something useful like a nice bra.  Norstroms is supposed to be good with sizing bra fit.  You will need that more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Actually, I bought 2 bamboo belly bandits yesterday online because i live out of the US, I did a lot of research . Now, lets just wait for them to arrive fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"