April 2012 Moms

Sleeping in vs nap

My year old daughter wakes at 630 every morning no matter the time we put her down (normally at 730/8 pm). Her morning nap then occurs around 830. Any suggestions how to push back wake up time and therefore push back her morning nap? 
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Sleeping in vs nap

• I wish I knew.  Right now DD wakes up around 6-7 (if I don't go in to nurse her first) and will go back to sleep after I nurse her so that's what we do.  She then sleeps until about 9.  Although recently she's been getting over a cold and has slept until 10 or even 10:30.  It's tough because I don't want to wake her up to go and do stuff, because I know she'll just be tired and cranky.

I figure her sleep schedule will shift as she gets older and I should just be thankful she doesn't wake up earlier.  :-/

• It is very weird but sometimes if you start putting them to sleep a little earlier they'll wake up later in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 'The Sleep Easy Solution' book outlines strategies amazingly well. Figure on 11 hours of sleep so plan bedtime and naptime from there. The book really helps outline a routine if you're feeling out of control. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"