January 2013 Moms

Period?!

So I will be 4 months 17 weeks pp as of tomorrow and still no official "period". I have had VERY light spotting twice not even enough for anything more than a panty liner but nothing else. I EBF but I work full time, pumping 3x per day so i guess i expected it to come when I went back to work. I've read online that a lot of women don't have periods until solids are introduced but I'm still freaking out. I mean, Im not complaining, no periods for over a year is awesome, I've just always been very regular and its so weird!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Period?!

• I'm 17 weeks pp on Sunday and I haven't even had spotting.  I'm on hormone therapy from my delivery being so rough and I thought that would bring back AF, but nothing yet.  I know I'm not preggers again because we still aren't cleared for sex so I guess I will just enjoy the no periods while it lasts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's not weird, you have hormones in your body right now that are telling it you are nursing a baby so you don't need to have another one..  Everyone reacts differently to those hormones.  Some women who nurse round the clock have their period come back right away, others who go longer between feeds and/or pump still experience lactation induced amenorrhea.  It's just hard to say what will happen from one woman to the next because everyone reacts differently to those hormones.  Some women won't have a period until they completely stop breastfeeding.  It's more likely to return once LO is STTN or solids are introduced, etc., but it's possible.  
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • DS just turned 4 months yesterday and I haven't had even the slightest hint of menstruating.  I have this fear that one day I'm going to be out running errands or at work totally unprepared and have a mess on my hands - a fear akin to the "what if my water breaks when I'm at Target" fear back in January.  I too, used to have regular periods, and while I'm not *missing* my period, I find that I am missing the reassurance every month that my reproductive system is operating properly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JJsMumJJsMum member
    I am so very very jealous.  With DS#1 my period didn't come back until I stopped pumping at 4 months (he would never nurse).  This time, I'm EBF and the darn thing came back at 8 weeks pp!  WTF?!  I have one friend who got it back right away, and another who pumped for a year and didn't get her period back until she stopped.  It's so wierd how our bodies react and change.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"