January 2013 Moms
Options

Breastpump cleaning question

I have a PISA and am having difficulty getting all the little parts of the pump as clean as I would like. I have already replaced the connectors because of this. I have tried a nipple brush, qtip, soaking the parts in hot, soapy water, dishwasher, and the micro steam bags. Any other suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastpump cleaning question

• Options
    Are you looking to clean into hard to reach, tiny places, or are we talking BM greasy residue?

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hard to reach tiny places

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like you're doing all you can do.  As PP said, I too just use a tiny bottle brush, soak in hot soapy water (I found Ultra Palmolive with Oxy Plus power degreaser was the most effective and even beat the dishwasher), and micro steam bags once a week.  Have you tried boiling them-- possibly submerging them in the boiling water might be more effective than the steam bag.

Thinking outside the box, I know this will sound weird but maybe a denture cleaning tablet--the bubbling might help to reach those areas and you know it's already food grade safe as it's for dentures and other appliances that go into the mouth-- just give it a good rinse.  I'd side-eye this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"