June 2013 Moms

Have you tried anything to help induce you?

Have you begun doing anything to help your baby come? Spicy food, sex, eggplant, etc

Re: Have you tried anything to help induce you?

• I won't do anything unless I reach my due date. But with my DD the day I reached my due date I went walking on the beach for 5 hours, had sex a few times and took castor oil and went into labor on my due date. I will do that again this time, well minus the sex, my hubby is deployed right now.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • My dr encouraged me to start getting busy with the hubs. I think I lost part of my MP yesterday and now I'm worried more might come out whilst we are busy. As if it isn't awkward enough in the bedroom right now anyways.
  • Loading the player...
  • Eh, I may get flamed for this but I drank a "midwives cocktail" with M. 2tbs castor oil, 1tsp baking soda mixed into a huge glass of OJ. That sh!t was nasty and I only got about 1/3 of the cup down before the last gulp came right back up... but I drank it at 9:30pm Thursday, went into hard labor at 4:30am and had her at 7:30pm Friday.

I was "full term" (they changed my EDD twice and all within a week which was asinine, 12/2 was the original, 11/29 changed at 12wks and finally 12/7 changed at 24wks) and dilating and effaced and M was right there so I just gave into the temptation and did it.

I don't plan to this time... just lots of babywearing M, walking, and sex.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I won't be doing anything. This is most likely my last pregnancy, and I want it to last as long as it can.
  • nope- baby will come when they are ready.

• SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member
    I've been taking Evening Primrose pills since 35w and just upped my dosage from 1 pill to 2 pills as of Wednesday.  My H won't have sex with me b/c he's scared he's hurting the baby (and it's just awkward), and walking isn't an option b/c of all the back pain (a 5 minute jaunt around the block turned into a 20 minute crawl b/c I had to stop and take breaks - like, actually sit down on the curb at one point).

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• I've been walking but not to help the baby come. He'll grace us with his appearance when he is ready.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• llbta85llbta85 member

I've been eating a lot of pineapple, but its also been on sale at Whole Foods and I generally get a pound of fruit for the afternoon if I go in there.  No luck with the pineapple.

• I might change my tune later, but I'm not really doing anything to have baby come early.  I'd rather have more time to wrap things up at work and finish getting things ready for baby!

That being said, I do plan on having nice walks with our dogs and having sex this weekend, but that's more because it'll be fun to do, not really to induce labor. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Nope.. and I probably won't.  I am 38.5 weeks now, so I really can wait.  And I am not particularly uncomfortable, so I think I will spend this weekend and any remaining days relaxing and getting some extra sleep :)  Granted, I am super excited to meet this little man, but i can hold out if he decides to hold out. 
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • If you are only at 37 weeks, please don't try any natural induction methods. Every day is still important for your baby. If your baby was ready, you'd be in labor. 

Marigold Celestial Nostrils to save the day with glitter and unicorn farts! Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have been walking but that is because I have the energy and it helps my back not necessarily in hopes to start labor. Hubs and I have still been having sex regularly - at least 3-4x/week but that's how it has been the entire time.

I am eating a lot of spicy foods but that is what I have been craving - and I always crave spicy food even when not pregnant - so I am not sure if I have been "trying" but I have been doing things more out of coincidence I guess 

ETA: I agree with PPs. She will come out when she is ready. Thankfully I do not have any anxiety over waiting. DH on the other hand . . . .  

image image

• I haven't tried anything , just curious because someone asked me the same question!
  • I haven't done anything specific and don't plan on it as I'm scheduled for a csection 2 weeks from today. Hubby and I did have sex for the first time in a while yesterday though and that's been causing a ton of contractions
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We had sex last night. Does that count?
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Boop213Boop213 member
    My doctor told me to have sex - "lots of sex".... I told DH it was Doctor's orders - he asked for a Dr.'s note :)  other than that I haven't tried anything and I won't until i'm a few days shy of 40 weeks.  I'm hoping for a VBAC and i can't if I have to been induced so I'm hoping LO decides to make an appearance before the 10th. (they will allow me to go 1 wk past my due date)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrsLafferty25:
    I won't be doing anything. This is most likely my last pregnancy, and I want it to last as long as it can.

This.  And the whole not even being 36 weeks yet.  

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"