1st Trimester
Options

Extreme nausea

Does anyone have a remedy? Im 6w3d. The thought of eating makes me quesy and when I can tolerate eating its literally a couple bites at a time. I'm lucky if I can get an entire sandwich in me in an entire day. Also, water is a huge no no as it makes me super nauseas. I've been mixing seltzer and Ensure Clear to get some hydration and nutrients in me but I know that's not sufficient. Any other ideas?

Re: Extreme nausea

• Options
    Ginger root, ginger candy, or you can even buy ginger root supplements in pill form in the vitamin section. You can also request zolfran from your doc. It helps.
  • Options

I just got on zolfran yesterday. 20-30 min after taking it I was able to drink juice, eat a whole sandwich and chips and not feel bad after! It works wonders!! I was feeling JUST like you for a week before I took the first pill.

Call your docs office and let them know you need it. I was able to pick mine up 2 hrs after I called the doc from the pharmacy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageShopaholic30:

I just got on zolfran yesterday. 20-30 min after taking it I was able to drink juice, eat a whole sandwich and chips and not feel bad after! It works wonders!! I was feeling JUST like you for a week before I took the first pill.

Call your docs office and let them know you need it. I was able to pick mine up 2 hrs after I called the doc from the pharmacy

This. I have also just found some relief today by taking 50 mg of vitamin B6 before each meal. That was per doctor request of course :) Good luck!

• Options
    I'm way nauseated. I'm 7 weeks and I've been sick for the last 3 to 4. Hansens Ginger Ale and saltines are my best friend! I'm going to get some B6 tomorrow. I'm a weirdo about prescriptions, so I'll probably try the B6 and suffer if it doesn't help. But a bunch of people have posted that it's helping. I miss food!!!!
  • Options

Try some saltine crackers

• Options

Try ice chips and crushed ice - for some reason it works when water doesn't.  popsicles and other frozen treats can work too.

Talk to your Dr, Zofran and phenergen are commonly given.

B6 and 1/2 a Unisom tablet before bed helps as well (I am still in shock I went from a crying heap sitting in the bathroom all day to feeling almost normal and functional the next day)

Epsom salt baths and/or magnesium spray / gel

Also, if heartburn or reflux is a problem, look into Zantac or something along those lines as well.

Sea bands and ginger NEVER worked for me, but some people recommend those as well.

I've also foudn this link that lists the most common "food groups" people tend to fall in when nauseous, so it might give you ideas on other things that you can eat:

https://www.helpher.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5618

Hope you get some relief and soon!  I dont think ANYTHING is worse that severe nausea.

pregnancy due date Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"