Infertility Veterans
Options

Q's for CCRM Girls

Hi Ladies! I had my phone consult last night with Dr. Surrey from CCRM, and everything went really well. He seemed to be ready and willing to take on our case, so I guess that's a good thing. I already got my schedule and will be doing the ODWU on June 17, assuming AF cooperates. I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to have new hope. I have a few questions I am hoping those of you with experience can help answer for me.

Did any of you go to Dr. Surrey? Or are any of you currently seeing him? What has your experience with him been? 

Did any of you pay for a nurse to come to your hotel to do the injections? If so, do you remember the cost? DH will not be able to be out there the whole time, and I can't even look at a needle!

Is CCS testing the same as PGS? I forgot to ask that, and I've never heard of anywhere else calling it CCS. Also, do you remember the cost of having it done?  

Any good hotel recommendations near the clinic? There are a few that look good to me from their list, but it is always hard to tell just from pictures.  

And, were you ok to fly home the same night after all the testing? I have to have an endometrial biopsy and am worried I'll be in pain. I know DH will want to get back asap for work though.  

TIA!!! 

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Q's for CCRM Girls

• Options
    mm29mm29 member

Hi JSM,

I recently returned home from my ODWU,  I am not sure if I will cycle there yet, leaning toward DE locally instead.  I am happy to discuss what I have experienced from my ODWU.  

Did any of you go to Dr. Surrey? Yes!  

What has your experience with him been? So far I really like him.  He is honest and has a great bed-side manner.   He does not promise me success with my OE, but answers to the reason I have DOR at such a young age.  He is doing this to help make my decisions cycling in the future easier, DE vs OE.  

Did any of you pay for a nurse to come to your hotel to do the injections?  I have not yet made any commitments to cycle there, however I always administer myself my own shots.  

Is CCS testing the same as PGS? I forgot to ask that, and I've never heard of anywhere else calling it CCS. Also, do you remember the cost of having it done?   CCS, I believe is looking at the number of chromosomes in an embryo.  PGD is looking for genetic abnormalities, such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell or other genetic problems passed down in families.

Any good hotel recommendations near the clinic? I stayed with my brother and my SIL.  However, they will email you a list of hotels near their clinic!

GL with everything.  From what i can tell, just from traveling there for my ODWU, they are amazing and work well with those who are not local patients!!! 

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    I have no experience with CCRM but wanted to let you know that I've been waiting for your update. Hooray for new hope! I'm so excited for you!

Unmedicated and medicated IUI's: all fail
    IVF #1: Dec 2012 16m/15f 12/9: 5dt of 2 beautiful blasts and 5 frosties
    TWINS!
    15w4d:baby a-pProm
    March 25: 18w...2 baby boys born sleeping
    July 29: FET-BFN

Sept: TAC placed

Oct 27: FET #2-Cancelled-monster cyst producing insane amounts of estrogen

Nov 13: FET #2-take 2
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    emcaemca member

Did any of you go to Dr. Surrey? Or are any of you currently seeing him? What has your experience with him been? 

I did not see Dr. Surrey.  I was a patient of Dr. Schoolcraft.  Dr. Gustofsen did my retrieval though.  Everyone I came in contact with there was excellent though, so you are in good hands. 

Did any of you pay for a nurse to come to your hotel to do the injections? If so, do you remember the cost? DH will not be able to be out there the whole time, and I can't even look at a needle!

I did not.  Needles do not bother me and my husband was there when I needed any IM injections. 

Is CCS testing the same as PGS? I forgot to ask that, and I've never heard of anywhere else calling it CCS. Also, do you remember the cost of having it done

The basics are the same, but they test ALL chromosomes with CCS. Before CCRM, I had CGH testing, which tested all chromosomes, but I was able to get the results back in 24 hours.  With CCS, you don't get the results back immediately.  That makes it more accurate, I believe.   I don't remember the exact cost, but CCRM is very expensive when it comes to their testing, etc.

Any good hotel recommendations near the clinic? There are a few that look good to me from their list, but it is always hard to tell just from pictures.  

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in the Denver Tech Center.  It was great!  I was there by myself for almost a week before my husband arrived and it was great.  I was not nervous being there alone and for the price, etc. it was perfect!

And, were you ok to fly home the same night after all the testing? I have to have an endometrial biopsy and am worried I'll be in pain. I know DH will want to get back asap for work though.  

I flew home the next day.  I did not have an endometrial biopsy though.  I did fly home the day after retrieval though and it was completely fine.  I was uncomfortable, but completely fine.  I was just happy to be home.

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• Options
    I don't have any advice, just wanted to say Yahoo for an awesome consult and Good Luck!!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    JSM0801JSM0801 member

Thanks for your replies!!!

mm29- I'm glad to hear you had a good experience so far with Dr. Surrey.That is very reassuring. The coordinator I originally spoke to told me he has the most amazing bedside manor, so I chose him, b/c that is so important to me! GL with whatever your next steps are!

emca- the hotel you stayed at is one of the ones on the list they sent me that I starred as a good option. Glad to hear you liked it there.   

Windy & BeeBee- thanks for the encouragement!  

Windy, I'm sending you a pm in a sec, so check.

Have a great weekend!!! 

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a phone consult with Dr. Surrey and I really liked him.   I haven't made it out there.  I am hoping that I won't have to and this FET will work.   I have had an endometrial scratch biopsy and it is painful in the moment.  I would have been fine to travel that night.  The pain mostly lasts just in the minute it is being done.  After that you are crampy the rest of the day but probably ok to travel.

<Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married June 2011 Dx: anovulatory due to prolactinoma (1.5cmx 1.5cm in 2006)
    April 2012: MRI- questionable cyst 8mg by 12mm in pituitary ; referred to RE by Ob-gyn after amenorrhea x 4+ months, provera ineffective, low estrogen level
    cycle 1: May 2012, clomid 50mg; cycle cancelled, thin lining, no response
    cycle 2: June 2012, femara 5mg; cycle cancelled, no response
    cycle 3: July 2012, femara 7.5mg; cycle cancelled (largest folli on Cd12 & cd 16: 11, lining 4)
    Repeat MRI July 25,2012- Cyst unchanged, likely old infarction.
    Aug. 8: met with RE, move to injectables if HSG and SA normal
    Aug. 23: HSG all clear; DH- perfect
    Switched to a new RE in early Sept. IVF here we come
    Genetic testing reveals: Fragile X- Intermediate risk/grey zone.
    IVF#1: ER 11/30: 14 retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized. E2 prior to trigger 5200. Decision made to freeze 6 embryos and transfer later due to OHSS.
    IVF#1.2/FET #1: estrogen injects start 1/18, FET delayed to try to thicken lining. lining 5.4mm. FET- 2/18- transferred one 3AA expanded blast. BFP 5dp5dt. Beta #1- 2/27 9dp5dt- 102.27 beta #2 3/1: 147 :(, beta #3 3/4: 268 told to stop meds and let nature take its course. requested 4th beta (3/6); Beta hell for 2 months.

FET # 2: endometrial scratch 5/6, added estrace vaginally and ASA to delestrogen and PIO. June 10- transferred one 4AA hatched embryo, BFP 4dp6dt, Beta 1 (9dp6dt) 187, Beta 2 (11dp6dt): 412; Beta 3 (15dp6dt ): 4452. U/S #1- one beautiful embryo with a heartbeat of 133 at 7 weeks.  8 weeks: heartbeat 156. EDD 2/26/2014: born 2-3-14 induced due to Pre-E and HELLP at 36w5d.

12/1: met with RE to discuss trying for #2

• Options
    JSM0801JSM0801 member

imageBrideJackie11:
    I had a phone consult with Dr. Surrey and I really liked him.   I haven't made it out there.  I am hoping that I won't have to and this FET will work.   I have had an endometrial scratch biopsy and it is painful in the moment.  I would have been fine to travel that night.  The pain mostly lasts just in the minute it is being done.  After that you are crampy the rest of the day but probably ok to travel.

Thanks Jackie! I appreciate the info about the biopsy. I really hope your FET works too, and you don't have to go the CO route!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

** lurking and ticker warning **

I hope you don't mind me responding.  I'm local, so I can't respond to your questions on the travel portion, and we didn't do CCS, but as to the rest:

My RE was Dr. Surrey.  DH and I really liked him from Day 1.  He's upbeat, makes you feel comfortable.  We ALWAYS felt better after meeting with him.  We didn't end up having him for the ER or ET (Dr. Brown for ER and Brown/Schoolcraft for ET), but he did everything else.  Like PP said though, aside from one IUI nurse I didn't like, everyone else I came in contact with at CCRM was awesome.  So you're in good hands regardless.

We never used the nurse service for injections, but I remember they gave us a sheet about the service and the cost (it will be in your IVF binder you get at the ODWU).  I want to say it was something around $70 plus travel.  Travel should be pretty minimal if you're staying near the clinic.  If you call the business office, they can tell you the exact cost.  Also, if you're right there next to the clinic, I bet if you just popped in for your morning shot(s), a nurse would help you for free (you'll be there most mornings for monitoring anyway).  Then hopefully you'd only have to pay for the evening shot.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other Surrey or CCRM questions! 

TTC #1 7/10, Me (31)- Dx DOR (AMH 0.6); DH (30)- normal
    BFP on Cycle #8. Natural M/C at ~8 weeks
    IUI #1 and #2 (8/12, 9/12)- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFNs
    IVF #1 (EPP) 13R/10M/9F, 5DT 1-4AA blast, beta #1-148, beta #2-322, 5 frosties! 
     image  image  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"