Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What is the best game device for a 2 yr old?

We're looking to getting my son something like a little game device for his birthday but haven't really decided on which one yet. Anyone have pros and cons about them? Which one is better?!

Re: What is the best game device for a 2 yr old?

• Options
    my 2 and 3 year old love their Leap Pad.  They learn so much from it.  
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options

I have an iPad that I share with my son.  It's rare that we both need to be on it at the same time. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the leap pad.  Right now, he is really into tracing the letters, which helps him recognize them.  So he'll say, "This is M for mommy!"  We got it for him at Christmas, when he was 2.5.  Keep in mind that it's meant for kids 3+.  Your DS may not be able to take advantage of all the things it can do, but he'll grow into it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Brit448Brit448 member
    I think for now were going to stick with my iPad. He really seems to love the games I have on it for him. So for the meantime I'm just going to get a heavy duty case to protect it. Ill get him a leap pad when he's 2.53 years old. Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Options

My mom is getting DD the innotab 2 for her birthday. I went back and forth between that and the leap pad, but you can put music and movies on the Innotab and you cannot on the leap pad. We at least 2 long car trips this summer, and If I have to listen to the sofia the 1st sound track the whole way I will go insane, so it will be nice to have something that she can play games on and listen to music on.  

She loves to use my mom's ipad, but I would rather her learn responsibility of taking care of a tablet with one that costs $79 instead of a couple hundred.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"