LGBT Parenting

birth certificate question

freaked out cuz a friend of mine had horrible time getting nonbio mom on birth certificate. we did annonymous donor (sperm bank) and donor released all legal rights in contract. my hospital flat out told me they dont release any same sex birth cert. they just mail the info to the town vital record person and they make the birth certificate. we are legally married in our state ct, and this seems kinda a** backwards.  it can take up to two months. share birth certificate stories?

Re: birth certificate question

• Wow... I did not realize that CT was this way. I am in CT too, not yet pregnant but I will have to look in to this myself. I was under the impression that this wasnt going to be an issue... I will now be doing some investigation with my hospital that I am looking to use when we get pregnant and ready to have the baby.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Wow that sucks. We are adopting, in NYC, but from what I've heard we will both have our names on the revised birth certificate one the adoption is finalized.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are in NY.  Both of our names were on DD's birth certificate from the start.  We still did a second parent adoption so nonbio mom would be protected on a federal level but because both of our names were already on the birth certificate, the adoption didn't change that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are in the south east...TN to be exact..my spouse has NO rights to our son..I have NO rights to our daughter. We do both have active wills in case something happens but that is all we can do. Second parent adoption isn't allowed and God forbid we get married. I was recently informed while looking into going out of state to get married.. that if we got Marie's the state of TN could arrest us..Hahaha.. I live in the 1950's.
  • We live in Arizona and it is no better.  We have actually considered making a run for the California border when I go into labor to ensure we are both on the birth certificate.  Sounds crazy but its something we have talked about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"