November 2011 Moms

Wedding frustration...nbr

Planning a wedding is stupid. It is taking everything I have to navigate all of the people involved and prevent hurt feelings. I wanna pull the whole "suck it up, this is my day" thing, but I hate those brides so I will just have to ride it out.

All of my friends are involved in the wedding so I cannot gripe to them about everyone else. So you guys get to hear it instead :

There was no real point to this post except to vent. Thanks and sorry.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding frustration...nbr

• I'm one of the weirdos that loved planning my wedding... but I was also pretty laid back about most things. What is giving you a hard time?
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well my maid of honor is being a little overbearing. She is mad because all o the girls don't want to get their hair and makeup done together the day of. I can understand her frustration because we have hair and makeup girls coming on site for free and they still won't do it. But, I don't really care or want to make a big deal about it, so I am just trying to convince her to let it go. She has also been planning my bridal shower which she wanted to be a surprise for me. One of the invited guests accidentally mentioned the theme of the shower on my Facebook wall and she got very upset about it. I understand that too, but the invite never said anything about it being a surprise , so it was an innocent mistake.

Also, my dad and mom divorced 3 years ago and it was bitter. He is remarrying before the wedding and it is gonna be bloody.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedesine77:
    Well my maid of honor is being a little overbearing. She is mad because all o the girls don't want to get their hair and makeup done together the day of. I can understand her frustration because we have hair and makeup girls coming on site for free and they still won't do it. But, I don't really care or want to make a big deal about it, so I am just trying to convince her to let it go. She has also been planning my bridal shower which she wanted to be a surprise for me. One of the invited guests accidentally mentioned the theme of the shower on my Facebook wall and she got very upset about it. I understand that too, but the invite never said anything about it being a surprise , so it was an innocent mistake. Also, my dad and mom divorced 3 years ago and it was bitter. He is remarrying before the wedding and it is gonna be bloody.

Oh man, I feel for you! Weddings can be very stressful even though they are supposed to be a beautiful occasion. Mine certainly was almost 11 years ago. But the prep was more stressful than the events of the day.

I think you're right to convince your MOH to forgive and forget. You could always play the "your stress is stressing me out" card when trying to convience her. For your parents, I guess keeping the distance between them will be a major help.

I really hope your wedding day is wonderful!

• imageRedCamaro:

imagedesine77:
    Well my maid of honor is being a little overbearing. She is mad because all o the girls don't want to get their hair and makeup done together the day of. I can understand her frustration because we have hair and makeup girls coming on site for free and they still won't do it. But, I don't really care or want to make a big deal about it, so I am just trying to convince her to let it go. She has also been planning my bridal shower which she wanted to be a surprise for me. One of the invited guests accidentally mentioned the theme of the shower on my Facebook wall and she got very upset about it. I understand that too, but the invite never said anything about it being a surprise , so it was an innocent mistake.

Also, my dad and mom divorced 3 years ago and it was bitter. He is remarrying before the wedding and it is gonna be bloody.

Oh man, I feel for you! Weddings can be very stressful even though they are supposed to be a beautiful occasion. Mine certainly was almost 11 years ago. But the prep was more stressful than the events of the day.

I think you're right to convince your MOH to forgive and forget. You could always play the "your stress is stressing me out" card when trying to convience her. For your parents, I guess keeping the distance between them will be a major help.

I really hope your wedding day is wonderful!

Thanks for the good advice. Honestly, it has not been bad so far, but now we are about four months out so the pressure is on. I think my MOH is trying really hard to make things special for me, so I should just be grateful she loves me so much and maybe slip her a Valium Next time she goes overboard. LOL.
  • imagedesine77:
    Thanks for the good advice. Honestly, it has not been bad so far, but now we are about four months out so the pressure is on. I think my MOH is trying really hard to make things special for me, so I should just be grateful she loves me so much and maybe slip her a Valium Next time she goes overboard. LOL.

Or a bottle of wine/liquor. Drinks

• imageRedCamaro:

imagedesine77:

Or a bottle of wine/liquor. Drinks

That is even better. Cheers to that.
  • Oh yes. I remember weddin stress. Good times.
    I understand your girls not wanting to get their hair done, I looked like an old lady for my friends wedding. But you could suggest that they are there with you while others get their hair done and have fun/food/drinks. Your MOH really shouldn't tell you any of her troubles. Your the bride and shouldn't be worried about other peoples concerns.
    Parents: suck it up, it's your day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"