June 2012 Moms
Options

Separation Anxiety

I'm hoping that some of you ladies have some advice for me! Lately our LO seems to be having some serious separation anxiety. Whenever I leave his sight and we are somewhere other than our house, even in familiar places like my parent's business, my sister's house, etc. he cries and seems to "chase" after me. He will even go so far as to push others away (including my DH) when he wants me or to get to me.

I am at SAHM (which I am very happy and grateful for) but I feel like he needs to get used to other people. Once a week I do leave him  for a few hours with my FIL so I can continue to volunteer with an animal rescue that I did before and throughout my pregnancy. But, for the most part, he and I are together all the time. 

It was really bad the other day at my niece's birthday...he would not let any one (including my DH) hold him. He would just scream until he made his way over to me or I took him. 

Any advice or tips?? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Separation Anxiety

• Options

Honestly I think it's the age.  DD is starting to have issues with this as well.  How does he do when you leave to do your rescue work?  Many times it is worse when they can see you, than if you are gone all together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the same problem and I think it's the age as well.  She's had it for a few months already and it's just gotten worse.  I also SAHM and really never leave her with anyone except DH once in a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemisthang_1:
    Honestly I think it's the age.nbsp; DD is starting to have issues with this as well.nbsp; How does he do when you leave to do your rescue work?nbsp; Many times it is worse when they can see you, than if you are gone all together.nbsp;

Yes this is true. When I drop DS off at daycare, if I stay too long and he sees me, he gets upset. If I just say goodbye and leave, he does much better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    APriceAPrice member
    imagemisthang_1:

Honestly I think it's the age.  DD is starting to have issues with this as well.  How does he do when you leave to do your rescue work?  Many times it is worse when they can see you, than if you are gone all together.

He does fine actually. I say bye then I leave and it's no big deal for him. My FIL says for the most part he is a happy camper when I'm gone. However he's always a bit of a beast when I get home because he's getting tired and cranky :) Figures!

He definitely does fuss if he sees me in the house and I'm not right there with him (like if we have visitors and I run upstairs) or if we are outside of our house.

I'm assuming that this will pass! I just wanted to see if there is anything people are doing to work with their LOs on this. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"